What I Never Knew I Always Wanted

Dean helped you to the impala and you made sure he grabbed the packed bag and you promised Sam on your way out the door you would keep him updated that as much as possible. Dean also told him that if things slowed down once they got you settled in the hospital that he would swing by and pick him up.

Sam thought that was a good deal and he wished both of you luck. Once Dean was satisfied with you in the passenger seat he ran to the other side of the impala and piled in the driver seat and started the engine. On the road Dean could see from the corner of his eye you were fidgeting uncomfortably in your seat a little bit due to the pain you were experiencing.

Dean put you his hand out for you hold and to squeeze as hard as you wanted to even before they got to the hospital. You gladly took his hand and relaxed your grasp a little when the painful contraction passed. "That was a big one." You say exhaling, relieved the one of the many was over.

"We're not far from the hospital now, sweetheart." Dean said rubbing his thumb over your hand. "That's good." You say rubbing your swollen belly. Dean also saw that you looked a little scared. "Babe, are you alright? You look a little white?" Dean asked concerned over a little thing that concerned you.

"Oh I'm just a little nervous at over how everything is so fast and now we are on our way to the hospital and I am supposed to give birth and I.." You didn't have to say no more. Dean brought your hand up to his lips and he kissed it. "Y/N, I know you are scared and believe me I am scared too. I know you remember all of the nights you woke up to me just lying awake worrying over the baby in the early stages of your pregnancy but there is one thing I learned through all of this." Dean said still driving.

"Is that you can be scared all you want but being scared is the love that you have and you are going to do great. I just know it." Dean told you from the bottom of his heart. "You've only learned one thing?" Was what you had to say. Dean cocked an eyebrow at your comment and you began laughing at the face he was making.

"You know I am just kidding with you, Dean. We've both learned a lot in these nine months." You say in all seriousness. "True that." Dean said turning onto the intersection that would take you to the hospital. It was a matter of a couple of minutes you were already at the hospital. Dean got out first and had a nurse bring a wheelchair for you.

"Are you ready, Mrs. Winchester?" The nurse asked you on your way into the hospital. "I am as ready as I ever will be." You say smiling. "I know you and your husband have to be excited." She said wheeling you down the hallway to your room.

"Very." You say as yet another contraction hit you. "Ooh gosh." You say in the middle of it. "Are you having a contraction, Mrs. Winchester?" The nurse asking you by the facial expressions you were making. "Y-yes." You nutter loud enough for her. The nurse wasn't going to move you unless the contraction was over.

Dean came in your room while you were still having a contraction. "D-Dean." You say reaching for him and making a grabby hand at him. Dean came right over to you and mouthed to the nurse if you were having a contraction. The nurse just nodded her head yes. Dean knelt down in front of you and asked if you were alright.

You didn't say anything until your contraction was over which wasn't too long after that. Dean and along with the nurse helped you onto the bed. The nurse did her job and got you hooked up to everything and told you that everything looks good and that doctor should be with you shortly.

Dean sat on a chair on the side of the bed. You both thanked the nurse as she left and went onto her other patients and she left you and Dean alone. "How are you feeling, baby?" Dean asked after the nurse closed the door behind her. "I'm feeling okay for right now. Those big contraction are killer though." You admitted glumly.