The One With the Nap Partners

A/N: Dean x sister!reader and enjoy!!

Who said that naps were only for kids? Said no one ever. But, according to your two older brothers you used to HATE laying down for a nap when you were younger. It wasn't until Sam and Dean finally came up with a solution. Your older brother, Dean would scoop you up in his arms and lay down with you either on the couch or the bed and just lay there with you until you fell asleep and before Dean would know it, he would fall asleep with you.

You and Dean were nap partners, or you should say used to be. Dean and You hadn't napped together in ages. If you took a nap now, it would be a twenty minute power nap in between research or homework. One Sunday though, it was a cold and rainy outside. Sam and Dean were home from a case, which was a rarity in itself. Unfortunately, You and Dean haven't been seeing eye to eye since Jack has been at the bunker.

Dean just wants to protect you, and not to get too attached because Dean has there way too many times. You can't deny or confirm your true feelings for Jack. You like him, but you don't know what your heart is trying to tell you. You want Jack to like you back. You seem to be good friends, but as of lately, you've been giving each other space. And plus its probably for the best because you were on your lady days. And you really don't feel like having that conversation, let alone traumatize poor, innocent Jack.

You were glad Sam and Dean had there heart to heart after their latest case. Unfortunately, Dean and You haven't had yours yet. You also wished Dean would just open up to you, like Sam and You do to him, but Dean was a hard cookie to crack. You were working on your homework, because it would be back to school for you tomorrow. You could barely focus though, with so much on your mind as it is. You weren't even mentioning the excruciating pain your cramps were bringing you.

You slammed your books shut in frustration and sighed. You flopped your head back on your pillows and wanted to cry. The pain, the stress, your anxiety, everything was weighing on your mind, it was all getting too much. Dean's room was right next door to yours. And the walls were literally paper thin. Dean could hear everything. He knew he put a lot on ya and gave you a lot of crap but he hoped that he knew that he loved you deep down.

Dean knew he was also wrong and never wanted to hurt your feelings. You were his baby sister after all. He pushed himself off of his bed and walked carefully over to your bedroom door. "Hey, Y/N it's Dean. Can I come in?" He asked, as he softly knocked on the door. You sat up right away and wiped any remaining tears away and fixed your hair.

"Yeah you can come in." You said, pressing your lips together. "Hey, kiddo." Dean said, moving your books to sit down on your bed. "Hi." You mumbled, not meeting his eyes. "Y/N I came in here to say I was sorry. I'm sorry for being such a horrible brother sometimes. It is never my intention to hurt your feelings in any way." You cut Dean off by going in for a hug. "You don't know how long I have waited to hear that, Dean. I love you. And you are not a horrible brother." You said laying your head on his shoulder.

Dean smirked down at you kissed the top of your head. "I love you too, Y/N." You smiled against his chest at his words. You pulled away from your hug, and Dean noticed how pale your complexion was. "You feeling okay?" Dean asked you, pressing his hand against your forehead. "Dean, I'm not sick. Myfriend is here." You said folding your arms. That was your code word for your period. "Oh." Dean nodded his head, understanding. "How's uh the school coming along?" Dean asked, changing the subject.

"It's coming along. I'm almost finished with it though." You said, keeping an arm around Dean. "How about taking a study break with me?" Dean raised a brow. "I like the sound of that." You smiled excitedly. Dean and You threw your books off of the bed together and cuddled up in your bed and turned the T.V. on. There was a Walking Dead marathon on, so you settled with that.

Dean thought it grew a little too quiet though when he stopped hearing your sly comments about the episode you were watching. When he peered down at you, you were fast asleep. When Dean looked down at you, Dean didn't see his seventeen year old sister. He saw you when you were much younger, like two or three years old. That was so long ago now, it scared Dean sometimes how you've grown up so fast. But he knew that you had a good head on your shoulders.

Then, Dean felt his eyes grow heavy. Dean didn't fight back though, so he fell asleep along with you, with his arm protectively wrapped around you.

One hour later...

Sam looked up from his book and at the clock and realized it was four o'clock. He was surprised to not hear someone raiding the kitchen, in other words Dean getting another beer. Sam decided he'll investigate. Sam almost walked past your bedroom but when heard the slightest noise, as the door was cracked open.

Sam opened the door wider, revealing you and Dean asleep in each other's arms. Sam couldn't resist snapping one photo, but he also couldn't help smiling either, because this reminded of the days when you were just a peanut and Dean and him were just teenagers looking after a toddler. Sam was glad you and Dean finally made up with everything that has been going on.

He knew that you would just like he knew that him and Dean would make up. You never turn your back on family. For now, you, Dean, and Sam had to cling to each other at times, because you just lost everyone you loved, and you were all that you had now.

The End!