Messy.

Life is messy. Life can especially be messy when you hunt monsters and creatures that wouldn't even be fathomed in nightmares. Then again, you had a choice to get out. You had a window of opportunity but at the time, you knew where you needed most. You were even willing to lay down your life alongside them. Your family was John Winchester's boys. But, if you had to be honest you had a really good relationship with the eldest brother. 

Dean Winchester.

Ah, good old Dean.

You've been through a lot together. And when you say a lot, you mean a lot. You still don't know how you have survived most of them. For instance, how many times have the Winchesters have had to clean up behind themselves and save the world from the end. As physically, psychologically, mentally, draining hunting is, you wouldn't have wanted it any other way because you would have been unable to have met and known some of the greatest people in your book to walk the earth.

Bobby Singer, Charlie Bradbury, just to name a few. There were so many amazing hunters, who you hate to have think have since passed. At least you three, Sam, Dean, and yourself still had each other. But there was something about the elder Winchester that excited you. Whether you liked to admit it or not, you probably had a crush on him when you were younger when you first met.

You still kinda had a crush on him.

Dean was hard to tell. You knew he cared about you like a sister, but you weren't exactly sure if he could like you that way. But when you would muster up the courage, you would talk yourself out of it, denying you and Dean ever the chance of having a relationship. Which wasn't fair to either of you. You weren't afraid of saying it.

You love Dean Winchester.

It wasn't as hard as you thought to say it. You have loved Dean for a long time, you just weren't aware of it yourself.

You didn't know where this was going but, you just have to clear up one thing. This story does have a happy ending.

But before you can get there, there is something else. 

You and Dean both had to overcome fears in order to accept your relationship. You and Him had survived the thick and thin. You were there for each other when the other needed it. You were best friends, you would do anything for each other. The good and the ugly. Trust me when you read this, it has gotten ugly before. But no matter what it was, you would manage to escape and would have another glory story to share. 

You distinctly remember, not too long ago, when you thought it was certainly the end for you and Dean you said to him in a hoarse voice, which was barely audible to the naked ear. 

 "How do we keep getting ourselves into these situations?"

And Dean replied with this. 

"Eleven years of friendship and I still don't know."

And for the first time in that situation, you smiled because even though your chances were looking pretty bleak, Dean never failed. Dean never gave up. Dean wasn't going to let you down.  

Dean wasn't going to let you down. So, you promised yourself not to give up either. And like all of the other situations, you were able to escape the beasts with your lives.

But after that, you noticed something was off with Dean. He looked at you differently. He treated you differently. You were worried that you did something to set him off. You worried it was something you did or said. But you couldn't figure it out. And after one week, you couldn't take it anymore.

Sam was out, and Dean sat in the kitchen with a beer, that wouldn't be his last. His cell phone rested beside him on top of the table. You poked your head around, and saw Dean. You knew that this would be your chance. You inhaled and entered the kitchen casually. Dean barely gave you a second glance.

"H-hey Dean." You muttered, your nerves getting the best of you.

"Oh hey Y/N," Dean said, gulping down his can of beer.

"There is something I need to ask you. What is wrong with you? Ever since our last hunt together you've been kinda of distant." You shrugged, crossing your fingers Dean was wearing his heart on his sleeve.

"I don't know what you are talking about, Y/N. It's not like we're in a relationship. So leave me alone." Dean huffed, moving pass you frustrated. Tears stung in your eyes after you knew for sure Dean was gone. You were worried about him and he rolled up your feelings flung back at you. Your sadness quickly turned into your anger.

You decided you weren't going to bother helping Dean anymore, you were going to just like he said. Leave him alone. You chided yourself. You needed to stop caring so much.

Later that same evening...

There you were, sitting on your bed studying a book from the lore. You figured more you could learn about monsters the better. It was a good distraction to deviate your mind from you weren't even going to say his name.

Screw him. He didn't seem to care about you. But it didn't last. You shut the book and threw it across your bed. What was the use? You read the book a million times already. Then, a little voice in the back of your head nagged at you, saying maybe you should forgive Dean and forget about earlier and try talking to him.

You couldn't let one little fight ruin a friendship that has been going on for more than ten years. So you pushed yourself out of your bed, and when you went to turn the knob, your door was opened.

"Dean...?" You wondered out aloud, at the man who stood in the door frame.

"Hey I uh came to apologize about earlier. I don't know what got into me, but I hoped I didn't hurt your feelings..." You were going to let Dean ramble on all night. You shut him up with a kiss.

You and Dean pulled away, Dean looked down at you and begged the question what was that for. "You don't know how long I have wanted to do that." Was all you said.

"Can we do it again?" Dean asked, with a smug smirk tugging on his lips.

"Hell yeah."

You muttered before Dean's lips attacked yours. 

The End!