On the First Day...

You hadn't heard the name Dean Winchester in three years or so. Three years ago, Dean was in a rush to get out of a town for what reason you were still not sure of to this day. He reassured you he would be back in no time. You needed to tell him something but Dean never gave you the chance because he already had one foot out the door. Three years later, not a lot has changed, you're still living with your parents, you still have the same job as you try to get your life together. On that day, you worked the morning to afternoon shift at Sally's, in walks a man. You were worried about filling in someone's else order when they came sauntering in.

He rang the bell when he reached the tall stool. You looked up to the stranger, but he was no stranger. Green eyes, thick short-cut brown hair, the ends sticking up at the top. You remembered those full lips you kissed more than once. It was Dean Winchester skimming over the menu in front of him.

"Are you just gonna stand there or take that man's order? We've got no time to waste!" One of the other waitresses barked from across the restaurant. She broke your train of thought and you swallowed any dignity you had and shuffled over to him.

"Ready to order?" You gulped slightly, as you took your miniature sized notebook and pencil out. Dean shifted his focus onto you and told you a cup of coffee would be great. "Sugar? Creme?" You asked, treating just like any other customer. "I'll take it black, sweetheart." He winked at you. He was treating you like he never even met you.

You didn't know how much longer of this torture you were going to be able to handle. "Would there be anything else, sir?" You huffed placing your hand on your hip. Dean recognized that from somewhere. He furrowed his eyebrows together and tried to think. He's seen a woman do that before. "Do you guys make waffles here?" Dean licked his lips and bit down on the bottom one.

"Indeed we do." You also cared to ask him which kind. "Could I have strawberry waffles?" He shut the menu and handed it over to you. "A wonderful choice." You took it from him and gave his order to the kitchen. It was a pretty slow morning at Sally's but you felt like it was flying. Your time was running out with Dean and if you weren't going to say anything you knew you were going to immediately regret it.

This was your chance you weren't able to take it the last time. Speak up. This is your time. "I feel like I remember you from somewhere." You spoke up suddenly. "I feel the same way." Dean nodded his head, still lost in his thoughts. "I'm Y/N Y/L/N. Does that ring any bells?" So far so good, you thought to yourself.

"Y/N! It's me Dean! I remember you now! It's so good to see you!" He nearly fell out of his chair with so much giddiness. It also sounded like he didn't remember most things so this was more like an accomplishment to him. "Dean Winchester?" Your throat suddenly running dry by just saying his name out loud.

"So what's been happening?" Dean grinned at you, so happy at the way his morning has turned around for him. "Oh nothing much really. The same old same old." You squared your jaw at his question. This was going to be more difficult than you thought it was going to be. "That can be a good or bad thing, right?" You handed Dean his breakfast, as he unfolded the napkin with his eating utensils.

"I guess so." You shrugged with a sigh. You folded your arms over your chest and bit down on a part of the inside of your lip. "What's new with you, Dean?" It doesn't looked like you've changed much over three years." You leaned yourself against the counter, holding your head up with one of your hands. "Has it been three years? Wow, time really does fly. I'm the same." He smiled up at you, also complimenting the chef and the waffles.

"A lot can change in three years right?" You raised an eyebrow at him. "Yeah but I hope nothing has changed between us right?" Dean ran his tongue over his eyes and his eyes filled with a fire of passion. "Who knows?" You shrugged again, trying to play it cool as possible. Dean was also making that part incredibly frustrating.