Chapter 1

My best friend's a killer

Chapter 1

Are you sure you don't want to go Alison?" My mother asked for the second time this morning. My Mom and dad were going to Paris for a couple months and were still feeling guilty for leaving me alone while they went off and did their "honeymoon/ business trip".

"Mom, I'm positive," I replied clearly annoyed while pushing her towards the door. By the time we reached the front door she was still trying to persuade me to come with them. I quickly grabbed both of their suitcases and gave them to her and held the front door open while pointing for them to go.

"Okay! I get it, I was just making sure!" She said throwing her hands up in defeat. I kissed her cheek and followed my Dad out the door.

"I'll miss you guys," I said while loading their luggage into the trunk. When everything was finally stuffed into the back of their small Mazda, I turned to face them.

"Don't forget to call me everyday and pick up-" My mom rambled until I held up a hand to silence her. Giving them one last hug and kiss I went back in the house and audibly closed the door behind me and snapped the lock into place.

You probably think I'm rude for doing that, but I honestly had to or they would have never made it out of the driveway. My parents have been talking about that trip for years and it would be rude of me to make them cancel their trip just for me. If I stood out their a second longer I would have begged them not to go, or to take me with them. But it was their first vacation alone since I was born, and they really did deserve it.

Well anyway, I'm not going to give you some lame introduction about what I look like and what my name and age are. Because they are honestly really boring. It's usually the same in any story too! She was a dark beauty blah blah blah her eyes were blue as the ocean blah blah blah. It's enough to make you gag. Instead of telling you, I will let you figure it out by yourself. Sounds fun, no?

Suddenly my stomach let out an loud growl and I realized I still haven't eaten my breakfast yet. I made my way into the kitchen and stood there for a second trying to decide what I would eat. After searching through the cupboards, I chose some chips and started watching TV while munching away. I can't say this is the healthiest breakfast I have ever ate but hey, no one is here to give me trouble for eating it.

After flipping through a few channels it landed on something that caught my interest. The news reporter on the screen was standing outside Lantern Park which now had yellow crime scene tape around the perimeter.

"Yesterday around twelve at night, ten people were murdered at Latern Park. The prime suspect was Rodic Rodrguies.That's all that was released from the police so far. Stay tuned for farther updates on the case." My eyes widened as I watched the TV. I turned up the volume and continued to watch in fear.

"Please do not aproach him if you spot him, the police caution that he is armed and dangerous. If you have any leads on the case call crime stoppers at 1800-666-666. This was the eight o'clock news Kelly Clark speaking. Have a good day, and please remember do not aproach the suspect if you see him."

By the time the new cast was over I was sitting on my couch wide eyed and staring. I can't believe it! Ten people were killed in my town! That means the killer is still probably somewhere within city lines hiding out somewhere!

CCCRRREEEAAAKKK !

Heart pounding, I leaped off the couch. I quickly put my light brown hair into a bun and ran into the kitchen. Looking around for some sort of weapon I came up short, the best I could use was a large wooden spoon. Grasping it in my sweaty hands, I hid under the kitchen table. As door opened I leaped out and smacked the man with the spoon as hard as I could repeatedly, hoping this would some how knock him unconcious.