Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Kayla shook her head, "It's okay. The men they hire to guard their quarters aren't insanely smart, they purposely choose them because they don't mind if they die."

I winced at the harsh tones, still in complete disbelief that my father was in charge of this.

Jared nodded, "Perfect. Let's do this."

After another couple hours of planning, the three of us were ready to run through our plan until the weekend. Here we go.

"Allison, where's your bag?" My mother called out from the kitchen.

"It's by the door," I responded, grabbing the rest of my belongings for the trip.

My family had spent all morning packing everything for our trip this weekend, while I continued to text everyone the plans.

My father and Josh rolled all the materials into the car, making sure we had everything for the weekend. To my dismay, Jane was also coming with us.

"Five minutes everyone!" My father called out.

Jared, Vanessa and Kayla had gone in a separate car. I gave Jared the address to the lake house that my parents had rented so that they were aware of the location. They would stay in a hotel nearby, while I stayed at the lake house and reported on our gadgets.

I looked around and quickly grabbed the two knives. I put on inside my shoe, while the other went into the pockets of my black ripped jeans. The small gun would be attached to the inner corner of my jacket, and used if needed.

We all loaded in the car, and were on our way.

"What are we doing at a lake house anyway?" I asked my mother as we sat next to each other in the car. She was the only person that I tolerated anymore.

She smiled weakly, "We're going on a fun trip while the men have something to take care of."

I rolled my eyes at her vagueness. I looked up and saw my dad staring at me through his rearview mirror.

"Allison, you will be on your very best behavior," He stated, with his hands on the wheel, he was gripping it tightly.

"Why is she here then?" I pointed at Jane.

Josh turned around and shot daggers at me, "She's part of the family, and she's accompanying us on the trip."

Jane smiled, "It's okay, Josh."

I wanted to choke Jane's throat and push her off a cliff. She infuriated me for acting so innocent for what she's done.

After an hour or so, we finally reached the lake house and gathered all of our luggages. We got settled in and my father decided that my mother cook us lunch before they head off. I had overheard my father talking on the phone, and he was planning on meeting with some men tonight.

"Allison, can you set the table?" My mother asked, politely.

I nodded and gathered the plates and utensils together. After everyone sat down, my father announced everyone except my mother and I would be leaving.

"Why can't I come?" I asked innocently.

"Allison, I'm sorry but you have been unstable and we cannot let you come with us to the business meeting. You must stay with your mother and rest, so you will be better."

I inwardly rolled my eyes as everyone continued to eat. They clearly didn't think of me as a regular human. They thought I was weak, but they had no idea what was coming for them.

Josh smirked and grabbed his keys. I looked at him and Jane in confusion, it seemed like they were getting picked up instead of going with my dad. I quickly excused myself and texted the group that Josh was heading out. While everyone was asleep last night, I had put a chip in everyone's shoe to monitor their location and audio periodically.

Jared responded to my message and said that they got the information and were on their way to follow him. I gulped, hoping this plan would work out.

My father left shortly after them, and my mother turned to me and smiled, "Lets have a movie night!"

I smiled, "I'll make the popcorn and drinks. Do you want some tea mom?"

She nodded happily and clapped her hands in excitement, "Thank you, my dear!"

I winced at her excitement and grabbed some cups. I boiled some warm tea and looked at her, making sure she didn't see. I quickly added in Eszopiclone, which was a drug that would help her fall asleep. I grabbed a bag of popcorn and brought the food over to her.

I handed her the tea, carefully watching her facial expression. She sat the tea down and grabbed a bag of popcorn. I sighed, I felt terrible drugging my own mother, but I had to in order to escape.

"Mother, the tea will get cold." I said eagerly with a smile. She nodded eagerly in agreement. I sipped on my tea and watched her take a sip.

I excused myself to the restroom and made sure that I had everything that I needed. I came back, to find her sprawled on the couch, with her tea spilled on the floor. I quickly reached into her pocket, and grabbed the keys to the lake house.

"Sorry, mother." I whispered.