Chapter 14

RECAP: 

"Wait, Jared. Maybe if we just think this through the answers will come to us." 

He nodded as he waited for me to talk.

"Whenever we went to the sleepover, I remember Vanessa scared me but all the other girls were already in the cabin. I was in the forest." I started.

He wrote some stuff down, "Did everyone sleep at the same time?"

I nodded, "We all went to bed, then after the sleepover, everyone left. Samantha was in the car and Vanessa told me that she dropped her off on the sidewalk. She told her she needed to do something,"

I know I promised Vanessa I wouldn't tell anyone, but it wasn't like anyone would find out anyway. 

Jared wrote something down, "Well, the only way of finding out what happened to her is if we went to her house and I doubt her mom would let us go into her dead daughters room." 

I screamed in frustration, "This is hopeless." 

Jared sighed, "This is only the beginning."

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ ___ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ _ _ __ __ ___ __ __ 

Chapter 14

I opened my eyes slowly and yawned. I checked the time to see it was 11 am. I felt my back start to hurt as I got up and soon realized I was on the ground. I slept here all night but..my eyes widened as I saw Jared sleeping next to me. 

I shoved jared, "Wake up!" 

He didn't move.

I shoved him again, "Fuck, Jared, my brother could come any minute. Wake up!" 

He stirred a little but then looked confused as he saw my face. He opened his mouth to say something but before he could, someone knocked on the door. 

We both looked at eachother, with our eyes wide. 

"Allision, can I come in?"

It was my brother. 

"No, I'm not decent." I lied. 

"Jared, go hide under my bed." I whispered.

He looked like he was about to protest but I shoved him and he quickly went under.

I quickly went on my bed and tucked the covers in, "You can come in now." 

Josh came in and rolled his eyes when he saw me on the bed, "Allision, I'm sleeping over at Janes house tonight, so you're going to have to lock up Dad's office." 

I nodded.

He was about to leave but then he heard a sneeze, "What was that?"

I fake sneezed and shook my head, "Sorry, that was me. Not feeling well!" 

"But-" 

"But nothing. Go to her house, I'll be fine." I lied easily. Slowly, lying was becoming more and more easier for me. 

He looked at me weridly and then left.

"Jared, get out from under the bed." 

He got out then held his back with his hands, "My back is killing me."

I rolled my eyes, "You almost blew my cover when you sneezed back there."

He scoffed, "Oh please, your lying was awful. And why couldn't he know I was here?"