Chapter 30 - Epilogue

** One year later **

I smiled at myself, it has been a few months since I've been working at the coffee shop and it has honestly been great. I took off my apron and got into my car.

Once I reached my apartment, I was greeted by Jared. Ever since the incident with my family, I have been living with Jared. Although I was a minor, I had gotten emancipated and worked to get extra money for our apartment on the weekends.

Jared kissed me softly on the lips, "Hey, beautiful. How was work?" 

I gave him a quick hug, "It was okay. I still have a lot of homework to finish though."

He rolled his eyes, "You are hanging out with Kayla tonight, babe. You need to have fun. I have to head out to work but I'll be back tonight. Promise me you'll have fun?"

I smiled, "Fine." He gave me another quick kiss and was on his way out.

After Jared left, I took a shower to get ready for my night. I finished drying myself and changed into jean shorts and a crop top. It was really hot out. Also, Kayla said that Grace, our friend invited us and some other girls to come along with her to the mall so I needed to get dressed.

I objected at first, but realized it was Thursday, meaning I wasn't working today. I straightened my hair and put it in a high ponytail, it was way too hot for it to be down. I also applied eyeliner on the top and bottom part of my eye along with the rest of my makeup routine.

The doorbell rang and Kayla came in once she realized the door was open.

"Hey babe." She greeted me while taking some chips out of my closet.

"Yes Kayla, you can take some snacks from my closet, thanks for asking," I said sarcastically. She knew I was joking though, she was my best friend and I didn't care If she took food out of my house.

"You are welcome." She smirked and munched on some chips while laying her feet on the table.

Ever since the incident a year ago, Kayla, Vanessa and I were inseparable. They are my best friends and helped me put myself together after my whole family betrayed me. My father and Josh had escaped to a different country and I had absolutely no idea where my mother was. I was hoping that they would put everything behind them, but I knew that it was further from the truth. Although I didn't have a family anymore, I did have people that cared.

The innocence in my soul had been murdered, yet the hope in me will continue to stay alive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note

HI GUYS! The book is finished and I can't believe that I started this book back in 2014 and finished in 2020.

Thank you to all that have spent your time reading my book! I wouldn't have been able to continue without your support.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Xoxo

P.S. I may do a sequel if requested by enough of you guys :)