Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"What the fuck? You can't tell me who I can or can't be friends with." I fumed, I couldn't believe this.

I started to walk away but my father grabbed my arm, with a tight grip.

"You will listen to us or you will regret it." My arm began to burn under his grip, I snatched it away and walked off.

We'll see, Father.

The next day I walked into school and thought about everything that has been going on. I no longer had a smile on my face, or that feeling of excitement to see people. I dreaded going to school, interacting with anyone. I wasn't happy, and I was scared that I would stay like this.

It was pretty obvious that I had a crush on Jared but I knew that Kayla was still interested. I needed to talk to her about it. I felt a headache coming on. Too much was going on and my head just had all kinds of thoughts punching through it.

As I walked in, I was greeted by Kayla, Vanessa and the other girls in our group. They all looked at me with expectant glances.

"Where the fuck have you been? You don't even put an effort in talking to us anymore." Kayla angrily stated.

I rolled my eyes, "You have a lot of nerve saying that, Kayla. Look, I'm just tired, okay?"

Everyone's eyes widened, no one expected me to speak back to Kayla.

Kayla clenched her jaw, "What has gotten into you?"

I sighed, "I'm sorry, girls. Can I talk to you in private Kayla?" She nodded.

Vanessa looked at me with hurt in her eyes as Kayla and I walked together. I would have to apologize to her later.

"I need your help." I said, nervously. Jared had no idea that I was asking Kayla for help. I needed answers and decided that this was the best day. I could already feel myself regretting it.

Kayla looked at me in confusion, "What's wrong? By the way, I don't have feelings for Jared anymore, if that's what you're worried about -"

I cut her off, "No, that's not what it's about. My family is going through a lot of issues, and I need answers. I know this is a sensitive topic but I wanted to ask about your older sister Courtney, before she passed." I stated.

Her face dropped slightly, and she shook her head, "I'm sorry but I can't."

She began to walk away but I grabbed her hand, "Please, Kayla." I begged.

She stared at me for a second before nodding her head, "Fine, but not here. It's not safe. Meet me at the coffee shop on third street after school."

I nodded, "You don't understand how much this means to me."

She nodded and walked away. I started walking to class before I felt someone tap my shoulder. I looked behind me to find Jared.

"Hey," I smiled simply at the site of Jared. Despite everything going on, Jared always made me smile. It was one of the things that I loved the most about him.

He smirked, "Hello,"

I rolled my eyes, "My parents took the keys to my Father's office. Jared, he threatened me to stay away from Kayla and the others."

Jared clenched his jaw, "I don't want you staying at that house anymore."

I shook my head, "No, this is the only way that we can find more information out. I have something to tell you. I asked Kayla to meet with me, I want to find out more information."

Jared's eyes widened, "Allison, why would you do that. We don't even know if we can trust her."

"Jared, for some reason, I trust Kayla. The more we find out about Courtney, the more information we can find about my father. I am going insane. I haven't slept and if I don't get any more information, I will jump off a cliff."

Jared eyed my outfit for a second, I was wearing a shriveled white shirt with stains on it, my hair was in a messy ponytail and my eyes had dark circles around them.

"Ally, this isn't okay. You need to take a break." He stated, worriedly.

I smiled weakly, "It's fine, we will figure it out. I need to know what my father is capable of."

He sighed, "Alright, but I will be there."

I was about to object but I knew he wouldn't agree. I guess we would see how it goes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------