Chapter 9

Read the authors note if you want to know about an early update :) 

Chapter 9

I started to dry myself off and laid out my clothing for tonight. Jared and I would be going to the movies tonight, so I was currently getting ready for that.

I slipped on a muscle tank and some high waisted shorts. Since it is still August, the weather was hot and I did not want to sweat.

I applied a full face of makeup and straightened my hair until it was perfectly straight. I know that it may seem like a date, but Jared and I are just friends. We can't be more than that. Especially since Kayla has a thing for him.

After getting ready, I decided to head to the kitchen to eat a full meal. I didn't want to be hungry at the movies because when I get hungry, I tend to eat like a pig. I made myself a quick sandwhich and dug in like an animal.

"Fat ass."

I turned around to see Josh walk into the kitchen and pull out some juice.

I rolled my eyes, "We'ren't you going to hang out with Jane today?" I asked curiously.

He shrugged, "She's been kinda distant lately and cancelled on me. This has been the third time."

He finished his cup of juice and threw it into the sink. Pig.

"I think you should ask whats up." I suggested.

He rolled his eyes, "I'm not a clingy guy. I'll give her the space she needs."

I raised my eyebrows, "Don't come crying to me when she does something wrong."

He scoffed, "Jane won't do anything wrong, shes perfect."

I raised my eyebrows again, "Everyone has secrets."

"Yeah. And so do you. Why have you been going into Dad's office?" He shot back.

I froze. How the hell did he know about that?

I stiffened, "I don't know what you are talking about."

He sat on the couch and faced me, "Don't try to play dumb. I know the other night you weren't trying to find your birth certificate."

"Thats none of your damn business." I said with a frown.

He smirked, "I know you're hiding something and once I find out what it is, you're a dead bitch."

I shoved him hard and stormed out of the room in anger.

I went into my room to find my phone. Jared texted me and said he would be a little late.

I sighed and sat on my bed. 'How did he know'? is the real question. Ever since he started dating jane, he has been acting like a dick, and getting all defensive when all i'm trying to do his help his ass.

I heard a beep outside from jareds car and left the house, slamming the door to make sure Josh heard me.

I hopped into his car and smiled, "Hey."

He smiled, "Hey."

"So what movie are we watching?" I asked, closing the door.

He started to drive, "A scary movie."

I immiediately shook my head, "Hell no."

He chuckled.

"Come on, you'll be fine. If you get scared, you can always hold onto me," He teased.

I shoved him lightly, "I'm not watching a scary movie,"

He smirked, "Oh I get it."

I looked at him, " What?"