Chapter 29

Chapter 29

I smirked, "Because I ruined a big drug sale today. You have to notify him, huh?"

"Lower your guns first," He said, with an angry glare.

"You first." Kayla said, staring at the guard.

The guard lowered his gun, and we followed after him.

Another guard walked in, whispering at my father. My father smirked, "Dawson would like for you to follow us. You will get your answers."

The guard and my father walked, and we followed after him. Keeping our guns wrapped tightly around us.

We walked into Jared being tied into chains. Kayla and I quickly raised our guns, on alert.

"Jared!" I shouted. He looked completely out of it, with chains wrapped all around him.

"Awh, a cute reunion!" Josh yelled excitedly. We looked up to find Josh and Jane trailing behind him.

My heart sank. It was true. Josh was Dawson, the leader of this whole thing. I completely felt like an idiot.

"Hello, sister." He smiled, showing no ounce of fear. Jane also smirked, and I wanted to smack that smirk off her face.

My eyes flashed with immense terror but I quickly concealed it, "Hello, Josh."

He flinched slightly at the sound of his real name but smirked, "You're little boyfriend over there, has been so much fun."

I looked over to see Jared's facial expression. He was angry, but couldn't bear to attempt to get out of those chains.

"Get him out. Now." I ordered.

Josh laughed, "You come to my company, take away my main customer and expect me to listen to you? Don't forget, you were just a small child a couple months ago."

I gritted my teeth, "Because of you, I lost my innocence. You are dead to me, Josh."

Kayla inched her steps closer to Josh, but his guards and Jane were extremely quick. One of the guards quickly grabbed her, removing her gun and putting another gun to her head.

"If you move one more inch, she will be killed. Just like her sister." Josh snarled.

"Okay, you win. What do you want?" I asked, desperately. It was too late, and I had no way out. Vanessa was still watching the other tied up guards, and there is no way I can communicate to her infront of him.

He smiled, "I want you to move over to our side, and join the drug company."

I scoffed, "I would never be like you murderers. And if I don't listen?" I turned to my father and shook my head in disgust.

"We will kill them both." My father growled.

I scoffed, "You're bluffing."

Josh inched closer to Jared and pulled out a knife. He slightly cut an inch of his cheek, causing him to yell in pain.

My eyes filled with tears, "Okay, okay!"

Josh smirked, "Finally. But we don't believe you. We want you to stab Jared in the leg to prove your alliance."

I gulped, how could I do that?

Jared yelled, "Don't listen to him, Al. Just go!"

Josh punched Jared in the mouth, causing him to bleed slightly, "Shut the fuck up, you bastard!"

A tear fell down my cheek, "Fine. Just give me the knife." I looked at Kayla, and slightly moved my eyebrow.

Jared's eyes widened as he couldn't believe what was going to happen.

Jane shook her head, "I don't trust her. I will stand next to her."

I inched towards Jared, carefully grabbing his leg. I pulled up his pants slightly, exposing his lower leg. I pointed the knife and slightly cut him, he flinched slightly.

Before I continued, Kayla punched the guard in the face. I quickly grabbed the knife and stabbed Jane in the leg.

She yelled in pain as Josh was by her side, "You bitch! Kill them all. Someone help me!" He yelled at the guards. The guards began shooting at Kayla, but she was too quick for them. Josh quickly picked up Jane and quickly ran out of the room.

I used the key that we stole from the guards and opened the chains that held Jared in place.

"Kayla!" I yelled and she quickly pulled into her boots and took out the fire match, and poured the rest of her flask on the ground.

She quickly lit the match and threw it towards the guards. They shot frantically, missing the hits at us. They ran from the fire, towards the exit. The fire was slowly filling up the entire room.

"We need to leave!" Kayla yelled, coughing frantically. I looked over to find my father on the ground, coughing. He would die if I left him there. I grabbed his arms and led him to the hallway, away from the fire.

Kayla yelled, "Hurry, Ally!"

I looked over and grabbed Jared's hand and we quickly dodged the rest of the fire, following Kayla's lead.

We quickly ran out the door and Vanessa was already in the car. Kayla and I helped Jared into his seat, before Vanessa pressed hard on the gas pedal.

Later that night, we were hours away from the lake house. I sat next to Jared the whole way, and didn't let go of his hand.

"This was all my fault. I almost killed you," I stated, with a tear rolling of my eyes.

"You saved me, Al." He grabbed my cheek and kissed it.

I laughed while tears continued to roll down my eyes, "You're the one in pain, and you're comforting me."

He smiled weakly and grabbed my hand.

Kayla cleared her throat, "Well, that was.."

"A fucking mess?" Vanessa finished.

They nodded in agreement, "Is everyone okay? We're heading to the hotel." Kayla called out.

Once we reached the hotel, we all walked in and sat down. A few minutes passed by, and it was completely silent.

"At least I know the truth now." I said, weakly.

Everyone felt like the plan had failed, but there wasn't much we could do. It was over, but somehow we still all felt empty.

I laid my head on Jared's shoulder, as he kissed my forehead.