Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Josh rolled his eyes, "I don't think we've met. I'm Josh, her brother."

Jared smiled, "Hello, I'm Jared."

After pretending to be polite, Josh turned to me, "I need to talk to you in private."

Jared was about to leave before I grabbed his hand, "Whatever you say, you can say it infront of him."

I could feel the anger rolling off of him, but his face remained composed, "Our dad's office was broken into. We're in deep shit."

Jared and I froze. Well, fuck.

"What do you mean?" I asked, attempting to mask my worry. I don't understand how they already found out.

Josh rolled his eyes, "Can you not understand english?"

Jared stared at Josh in annoyance, "Can you chill man?"

Josh glared at Jared, "How dare you try to tell me how to act in my own fucking house?" Josh inched forward, and it looked like he was ready to fight him if needed. What the fuck was getting into Josh lately?

Jared inched away from Josh, not wanting to start a fight. Before Jared could respond, we heard a doorbell ring.

Josh quickly opened the door, and I looked up to see both my parents walking in, with their suitcases. They both hugged Josh, while I just stood there in confusion.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked them, curiously. Why were they coming back all of a sudden?

My mom smiled, "Hi sweetie, we're back!" She enveloped me in a hug.

I hugged her back in confusion, but my dad cleared his throat and stared at Jared, "And who are you?"

Jared looked slightly flustered, but decided to introduce himself, "I'm Jared, your daughter's friend."

Josh smirked, as if he couldn't wait for my cover to be blown. My dad smiled gently and shook Jared's hand.

My mom clapped excitedly and hugged Jared, "It's so nice to meet you! Allison, why didn't you tell us about your special friend!"

I almost choked on my spit, "Mom I-"

"Well sweetie, would you like to stay over for dinner?" My mom asked, with a smile. I could feel her excitement from far away.

My dad glared at my mom, "It's a pleasure to meet you Jared but I am afraid that you cannot stay over for dinner, we have a family meeting to attend to."

Jared smiled, "No worries. Nice meeting you guys."

"I'll walk you out," I stated, as Jared slightly touched my lower back, guiding me outside the door. I couldn't help but smile at the feeling of his hands on my skin. I also couldn't help it as my thoughts began to wonder what it would be like if his hands continued to travel lower. My face began to blush at my inappropriate thoughts.

Once we had finally reached his car, Jared invited me in so we could chat for a few minutes.

"What was that about?" Jared asked suspiciously.

I shrugged and rubbed my eyes, "Somethings wrong, Jared. They might find out we were in the office and we still haven't found out any information."

Jared gently grabbed my hand, "Don't worry, we will figure this out."

I sighed and hugged him, "I'll text you about the family meeting."

He hugged me back, slightly tracing circles on my lower back. We sat there for a few minutes, before I left and he drove off. 

I walked back into the house to find my whole family sitting down.

"Allison, we have a problem." My father said in a stern tone.

I rubbed my eyes again and sighed, "Look guys, I'm exhausted and I really don't feel like talking."

My father's voice raised slightly, "Listen young lady. You will listen to what we say, do you understand? Someone broke into the office earlier today, and the guards couldn't figure out who. I have decided that no one is allowed to go in anymore, I want the keys."

Fuck. I needed those keys to find out more information. When I looked into my father's face, I no longer recognized who he was. I needed to find out how he played a role in these deaths.

I sighed, and handed him the keys. My mom just sat there with a blank face. I tried to read her expression, but I couldn't. I wondered how she took part in this. Josh's face didn't seem surprised at all, it almost seemed like he knew this was coming.

"Allison, you will no longer hang out with Kayla and the other girls. Ever since Samantha's death, the police are still suspicious. I will not have my daughter in the middle of a crime." He stated, with his arms crossed.

"What the fuck? You can't tell me who I can or can't be friends with." I fumed, I couldn't believe this.

I started to walk away but my father grabbed my arm, with a tight grip.

"You will listen to us or you will regret it." My arm began to burn under his grip, I snatched it away and walked off.

We'll see, Father.