Chapter 16

RECAP:

I looked in shock. Jane was cheating on Josh. That bitch.

Jane nodded and started to kiss him passionately.

I shook my head in disgust. I can't believe this. What were they doing in my dad's building anyway? Why was kayla's brother here. And why was he with Jane?

I shook my head and found an escape door. I'd have to find out more later. I couldn't think right now after what had happened with Jared.

Chapter 16

I woke up to multiple knocks on the door and my eyes shot up, who could it be? Ever since I have moved into this town, I have felt nothing but my guard go up. I couldn't feel that I trusted anyone.

I quickly got up before Josh had the chance to answer and ran to the door. I peeped the window to find Jared at the door. I rolled my eyes. He sure had guts coming here after he ditched me on our plans.

I decided to give him a piece of my mind and open the door, "What the fuck do you want, Jared? I really don't have time for your shit. I have to figure out what's going on."

Jared pushed past me and into my house.

"What the heck?" I exclaimed.

"Allison, please just listen. Just give me a second to explain, please." Jared begged, staring into my eyes.

My eyes softened for a moment. I did want to hear his side of the story. I also couldn't help but feel alone and I hated to admit that I needed someone to be on my side.

I nodded slightly, looking away as a piece of my weakness had been depicted.

Jared used this opportunity to begin explaining, "Bianca is just an ex. She showed up at my house with a whole dinner. I was planning on coming to your place but she bombarded me. I was going to text you that I'd be late so I could take care of the situation. I didn't blow you off, Alli."

I stared at him, waiting to see if I could detect any lies in his face. My eyes began to water as I continued to make eye contact with him.

His eyes widened as he quickly engulfed me into a hug. I held onto him as I cried softly. "Jared, I went to my dad's office yesterday. Jane is cheating on Josh. Her and Cameron were there. I don't trust anyone, I'm scared."

Jared led me to the couch and let me lay my shoulder on him.

"Don't worry, we will figure this all out. I promise. We will find out who killed Samantha, and how your family is tied to this." He rubbed my back gently and put his hand in mine.

I had officially fallen for Jared. As if my life wasn't already complicated enough. I needed someone to be there for me. We sat there for an hour and once I finished crying, we decided to head to my room and try to put the puzzle pieces together.

"What do you actually know about your dad's business?" Jared asked, looking at me as if I could start crying at any moment. We haven't defined our relationship and I didn't want to. All I wanted was him to be there for me.

I shrugged, "To be honest, not much. All I know is that my parents are on a business trip right now."

"I think your father has to do with this. Isn't it odd that Samantha and others were killed after your parents left town? And Courtney was one of your fathers employees, she died too." He stated.

My eyes widened, "You're right. We have to find those files right now in my dad's office. I think we might be able to figure out more. Lets go."

I grabbed my keys, but Jared stopped me, "Wait, how are you going to explain this to Josh?"

I rolled my eyes, "He hasn't left his room today, so I think we're good."

"Wait, have you eaten? And you look like you just woke up." I blushed as I realized that I just rolled out of bed.

"Give me a second to get ready, and make me a sandwich." I demanded, with  a smile.

Jared rolled his eyes, "Your wish is my command, boss."

------------------------------------------------------

We made it to my father's office and we quickly used the keys to get in. Luckily, the office was empty so we headed straight to the room I was in last time.

"Start working through the boxes." Jared stated, as he shuffled through everything.

I opened up the boxes and read through the millions of papers that were in these files.

"I can't find anything, Jared." I turned around to find his eyes wide, staring at the papers.

"Jared, what's wrong? Tell me!" I exclaimed.

"Your dad is behind the murders. He ordered Samantha and Courtney to be killed." He said.

My heart started racing. I couldn't believe it.