Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"Okay everyone take your seats and begin the test," Mrs. Bridge said, while erasing the board.

As she passed the test out, I took out my pencil and started bubbling in my answers. I smiled in shock as I realized, I would actually pass this chemistry test! But of course, something had to go wrong. Soon, my pencil broke and we only had a few minutes left of the test.

I turned around, looked next to me hurriedly, hoping to find someone who could help me get a pencil real quick.

I sighed in relief as I found Jared, staring intently at his test. I tapped his shoulder, but he didn't respond. I tapped his shoulder again but he still didn't respond. It soon hit me why he was ignoring me. It was the way I talked to him the other day.I sighed.

"Psst. Jared. Psst." I called out to him worriedly. I looked at the time to see we only had 7 minutes left! Jared looked up with an annoyed expression.

"What do you want?" He whispered. I motioned to my pencil being broken and he sighed at my pleading expression.

He picked up his spare pencil but it was already too late.

"Allison and Jared." Mrs. Bridge called out, narrowing her eyes at us.

Everyone taking their test turned their attention to us as Mrs. Bridge kept talking.

"I will not tolerate cheating in my class. If I catch you talking again you are going to the office. Understood?" Mrs. Bridge said sternly, giving me the evil eye. I rolled my eyes inwardly. How would she even know if we were cheating?

"But-"

"I don't want to hear it!" She said.

Ugh, this is all my stupid pencils fault. Jared just sat silently and passed me the pencil.

I carried on with my test and finished it happily.

"Okay, everyone pass up the tests, you can no longer answer any questions." Mrs. Bridge said as everyone's handed in the tests.

The bell rang and I saw Jared quickly grab his things and run as fast he can to get away from him. I sighed. He was really angry at me.

I grabbed my books and ran to catch up to him.

"Jared. Jared wait-" I called out to him. He kept walking and opened his locker.

I reached him to his locker and stood there.

He sighed with an annoyed expression. "What do you need Allison? I have places to be."

"Look. I'm sorry for blowing you off, it was because of the whole Samantha situation. I would love to hang out with you." I said with a hopeful smile.

He smirked, "Of course you would love to hang out with me. I'm Jared. Anyone would be blessed with the opportunity to hang out with me."

He put some books back into his locker and slammed It shut. He started walking in the hallway and I caught up with him.

I rolled my eyes, "So does that mean you forgive me?"

He pretended to think about it but I shoved him and we laughed. For some reason, I really wanted his forgiveness.

"Wait, were you at the police station on Wednesday?" He asked, pushing through the rough crowd.

"Uh yeah." I replied, not really feeling like talking about this.

He sensed my discomfort and tried change the subject on me,"Well my dad works there."

I nodded and realized we stopped in front of my classroom. "Cool. Well, I guess I'll see you later."