Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I gulped some milk down my throat and took another piece of toast from the table. Josh was making some toast while talking on the phone with our parents.

My brother shoved the phone in my hand and mouthed 'Mom'. I sighed, this was the 800th time my mom called me. Well I was exaggerating, but you get the point.

"Hey honey!" My mother said to me. I could hear in the background some shuffling and my dad probably typing on the computer.

"Hey mom, why do I hear the sound of typing in the background?I thought you and dad were going on a vacation to relax." I asked while chewing on my toast.

"Allison, don't talk while you are eating. Anyway, your father and I have decided to stay an extra month. He has some business to take care of and some issues have came. So yes, he will be working." She informed me.

"I also need you to do me a favor. Tonight, can you go back to that cleaners place we use to go to all the time and bring back my two coats? I forgot to pick it up and take it with me when I left."

I nodded, but realized that she couldn't see me.

"Okay, bye mom, love you."

I was kind of sad honestly. I mean, I loved having my brother here but sometimes the house felt quiet. And my mom always made us nice food for lunch. Josh and I have been living off of pizza for lunch and dinner this past week.

"Don't miss us too much!" She teased, I smiled a little and hung up. I grabbed my bag and headed out to school.

~

My brother picked me up as soon as school ended for the day. It was Wednesday, so we were heading to the police station. I was exremly nervous, because I honestly didn't know how this would play out.

I mean, it could either go extremely well, or It could seem like I was the one who killed her.

I hope they didn't ask questions rudely. Maybe I was just over thinking it a little bit.

"Al, stop freaking out." My brother said looking at me every now and then while driving to the police station.

"I'm not even freaking out. I don't really care." I lied, playing with the small strand of hair in front of my face.

Josh scoffed, "I can see it in your eyes -"

"So how are you and mystery girl?" I asked him, attempting to change the subject. He rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Stop trying to change the subject."

I was the one that scoffed this time,"We all know that you simply just don't want to talk about it. Why do you keep her such a secret anyway though?"

"That is not your concern. Anyway back to you, "

I sighed. I was getting annoyed of Josh.

"We're here anyway. Kayla's taking me home.Bye" I waved at josh as he drove back home.

Immediately, when I walked in, one of the police officers came up to me. Well, that was fast.

He was staring at a file. I'm guessing that was what had my name, picture and information.

"Allison Dawson?" He asked me, clarifying if that was me or not.

I nodded and he asked me to follow him. He led me to a room. Sitting down was Kayla, Grace and two other girls. For some reason, Vanessa wasn't here yet?

I sat down next to Grace and greeted everyone. The police officer said someone would come to question us.

"So are they going to ask us questions about it together or alone?" I asked the girls, playing with more strands of my hair. I really needed a trim and highlights.