Chapter 27

Chapter 27

I handed her the tea, carefully watching her facial expression. She sat the tea down and grabbed a bag of popcorn. I sighed, I felt terrible drugging my own mother, but I had to in order to escape.

"Mother, the tea will get cold." I said with a smile. She nodded eagerly in agreement. I sipped on my tea and watched her take a sip.

I excused myself to the restroom and made sure that I had everything that I needed. I came back, to find her sprawled on the couch, with her tea spilled on the floor. I quickly reached into her pocket, and grabbed the keys to the lake house.

"Sorry, mother." I whispered.

I quickly texted the group that I was able to escape. I waited outside until Kayla and Vanessa arrived. I hopped into the car and looked around in confusion. "Who's car is this?"

She smirked, "I know someone who has a car."

I rolled my eyes at her deviousness and looked at the gadget. We quickly tracked their location and kept going.

"Does Jared have the boxes?" I asked her.

She nodded, "He's on his way to quickly switch them out for the real ones."

I smiled because our plan was working. Once his sellers realized the boxes were fake, they would never trust my father's company again.

We finally reached the warehouse and I tried to listen to the audio but it kept cutting off.

"I can't hear anything from this stupid fucking gadget," I complained.

Kayla rolled her eyes, "What did you expect? It was cheap. At least we have the location."

Vanessa nodded in agreement and we pulled into the back. We saw that there were 2 men guarding the door. They both had on black uniforms, and were large men.

"Park towards the end, they won't be able to see us from here." Vanessa whispered.

The air in the room was thick and we couldn't help but feel nervous. We had hoped that our plan would work out, but we weren't sure.

We quickly got out, and grabbed the guns.

"Make sure they're ready," Kayla said, her eyes pointing at the guns.

I gulped, "Two front, one back,"

They nodded at the positions I stated, and we quietly moved across the parking lot. We kept our guns to our chest.

I walked towards the men and smiled, "Hello, my name is Allison Dawson. I am here to help my father."

The men narrowed their eyes, "Can we see some ID?"

I nodded sweetly, "Of course." I handed them the information and they nodded. Before they could look up, Kayla kneed one of them in the balls. Vanessa wrapped her arms around the shorter man, putting a gun to his head.

I smirked, "You will listen to what we say. We are going to tie you both up, and put a cloth in your mouth. If you make any noise or move even the slightest, my friend over there will shoot you."

I pointed at Vanessa and she smirked, keeping the gun onto the man's head. They nodded in fear and we smiled.

Perfect.