Chapter 7

_______________________

Chapter 7

I turned the music up and poured the rest of the batter onto the pan and watched it form into a pancake. I started humming the tunes that were playing and poured myself a glass of orange juice. I placed my glass of juice and plate of pancakes on the table and started to eat as I glanced at my phone.

"It looks like someone finally decided to cook some food!" Josh teased, walking into the kitchen and serving himself a plate of pancakes.

I was about to roll my eyes but realized I needed to act all sweet and nice to butter josh up for the sleepover.

I stood silent and he looked at me weirdly.

"No sarcastic remark?" He asked with a surprised expression.

I laughed, "No way brother, I respect you and would never act that way." I said sweetly.

He choked on his pancakes and took a sip of orange juice to calm himself down.

He glared at me, "What do you want?"

"Can a few girls come to my house and sleepover?" I asked him with a pleading expression.

He immiedately shook his head, "No way. You know how mom and dad said we couldn't do that, Remember when I wanted to have a party at home and you wouldn't let me?"

I rolled my eyes, "That's different. I don't want a bunch of drunk adults having sex in our bedrooms."

"And I don't want a bunch of girls squealing and keeping me from sleeping at night." He shot back, drinking more orange juice.

I sighed, "Please Josh."

"Look, my girlfriend is coming over." He blurted out.

So thats why he didn't want me to invite people. He was going to finally let her meet me.

I smirked, "So, thats why."

He rolled his eyes, "I wanted you to finally meet jane."

I chewed on some pancakes and thought about it.

"Thats perfect! I can meet jane and then go have the sleepover. You will be occupied while I have my sleepover." I explained to him washing my plate and glass.

He thought about it and sighed, "Alright."

I squealed and clapped my hands. "Yay!"

He shook his head and looked at me, "Hey, can you get my birth certificate from Dad's office?. I have to bring it in for work," He looked at his watch, "I need to go take a shower and get some grocerys because we're out of milk."

I nodded as he went to his room to go take a shower.

~

I went into Dad's office and was greeted by the aroma of papers and cardboard. I looked around hoping to find some clue that could help me find josh's birth certificate.

I looked at a few boxes and were labled and searched thorough them. My eye caught a certain box and it was labled "Employees"

Allowing my curiosity to get the best of me, I opened it up to find a bunch of files with names and pictures on each of them. One file looked familar. It was a picture. I looked at it closely to find out it was Courtney. My eyes widened as I opened it and looked through the papers.

Courtney

863063783

Murdered - more than a year ago