Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Jared eyed my outfit for a second, I was wearing a shriveled white shirt with stains on it, my hair was in a messy ponytail and my eyes had dark circles around them.

"Ally, this isn't okay. You need to take a break." He stated, worriedly.

I smiled weakly, "It's fine, we will figure it out. I need to know what my father is capable of."

He sighed, "Alright, but I will be there"

I was about to object but I knew he wouldn't agree. I guess we would see how it goes.

Jared and I walked into the coffee shop to be greeted by a waiter. I found it a bit odd that a waiter was greeting us but I looked around to find that this place wasn't an ordinary coffee shop. It was very fancy, and almost everyone was in suits. I looked down at my casual outfit and blushed in embarrassment.

Jared grabbed my arm, "You okay?" His outfit seemed a lot more appropriate. He was wearing a button down top, with black jeans. He was so handsome. 

I smiled weakly, "Yes."

The waiter smiled at the two of us before gesturing for us to continue following him. Jared put his arm around my waist as the waiter led us to the table. 

We were greeted by Kayla, and I instantly noticed her red hair the second we got to the table. We sat down and the waiter left to grab us some drinks.

Kayla stared at Jared, "What is he doing here, Ally?"

I sighed, "Please, Kayla. He needs to be here. He's just as important to this case as I am."

Jared smirked, "It's either both of us, or none of us."

Kayla rolled her eyes, "Don't get your boxers in a twist, Jared. Fine."

The waiter brought us our drinks, "Anything else for now?"

Kayla shook her head, "Thanks Sergio, but thats all."

My eyebrows raised as I looked at her in confusion, how did she know his name?

She shrugged, "I come here a lot. Also, this location is where most private meetings occur. This coffee shop has sound proof, and technology that ensures information won't leak."

I widened my eyes, "Oh, wow. I didn't know that,"

Jared decided to speak, "Kayla, please get to the point."

Kayla rolled her eyes, "Allison, he is really getting on my nerves. Anyway, there's a lot you don't know. Courtney works for your father, but so does Jane."

I nudged Jared to tell him to stop bothering Kayla but widened my eyes as I heard the news.

"What did they do for my father?" I asked, my jaw clenched. I couldn't believe how much I truly didn't know.

Kayla tensed up, "If they find out I told you, they will kill me. You have to be careful Allison."

I grabbed Kayla's hand, "Don't worry, we will protect you."

Kayla looked at me nervously, and nodded her head. I couldn't help notice how worried she looked. I have never seen her so tense in my life.

She gulped again and sighed.

 "Allison, your father is part of the most dangerous drug company in the country."

Suddenly, I could no longer feel the air in my lungs. My heart rate accelerated, and my arms started shaking uncontrollably. I couldn't believe what I had just heard.

"Allison, are you okay? Allison!" Jared shouted.

That was the last thing I heard before my eyes shut and I was no longer conscious.