Chapter 24

Chapter 24

My father nodded in agreement, "I agree, and this is why you will be coming with us on this trip. If you do not, we will not hesitate to take actions to get you the help you need."

My head began pounding and the air in my lungs decreased. My mother looked at me worriedly, "Allison, honey. Are you okay?"

My mother started walking towards me, but my father grabbed her arm to stop her. I quickly grabbed my bag and left the house to reach the bus to school.

I reached school, and was greeted at my locker by Vanessa, and Kayla. My face looked slightly pale and Kayla looked at me worriedly, "Allison, are you okay?"

I nodded, "They're going on a trip, Kayla. They are forcing me to come, our plans won't work."

Vanessa scratched her head, before widening her eyes, "That's perfect. They must be doing another drug deal. We can confront them there!!"

Kayla narrowed her eyes, "Could you be anymore louder, Vanessa?"

Vanessa sheepishly smiled, "I'm sorry, I'm just really excited!"

"We will have to be very careful, they don't trust me. They think I'm weak, irritable and going crazy." I said with a sigh.

"We can use that to our advantage. Everyone come to my house later today, and bring Jared. We can talk more about it tonight." She stated, slinging her backpack around her shoulder.

I grabbed the rest of my books and nodded, "Okay."

I looked around for Jared and found him talking with Lexana. She had blonde hair, blue eyes and she was beautiful. I glared as they laughed with each other.

I quickly walked up to him and interrupted his conversation, "I need to talk to you."

Lexana narrowed her eyes, "And you are?"

Jared quickly intercepted before things got out of hand. "I'll see you later, text me more about our project."

Lenexa nodded and walked away. I glared at Jared, "We have an important mission, and this is how you spend your time? Flirting with bimbos?"

Jared rolled his eyes, "Allison, I'm not going to continuously try to go after you while you push me under the rug. I will help you with this, but that's it."

"I'm not trying to push you under the rug, Jared. I have a lot on my mind, and I'm sorry. You have been very sweet to me and I couldn't be more grateful." I apologized. I truly did feel bad about the way that I was treating him. It wasn't right to push him under the rug.

He smirked, "You think I'm sweet?"

I rolled my eyes, "Kayla wants us to meet her at her house."

I quickly explained to him about the trip that my parents were forcing me on and what Kayla had said. He nodded in agreement.

We arrived at Kayla's house and I was greeted by her brother, Cameron. I narrowed my eyes at him, I did not forget how he is having an affair with Jane.

"Hello, sweet cheeks." Cameron smirked.

I almost gagged at what he called me but instead decided to ignore and push myself past him, "Where's Kayla?"

"In her room, goodbye," He grabbed his keys and headed out, closing the door behind him.

I walked into Kayla's room to find a large box of supplies.

Kayla was humming to her music, as her bright red hair was up into a ponytail. Vanessa grabbed a few scissors and began cutting the box.

I cleared my throat, "Hello?"

She looked up and lowered her music, "Hey! Where's Jared?"

"He's coming later, he has to finish a project. He dropped me off. What is all this stuff?"

Vanessa opened the box and I saw multiple guns, knives, and small phones. I have never seen so many dangerous items before. My innocence was decreasing by the minute.

I gasped, "What the hell is all this?"

"How else are we supposed to protect ourselves, Allison?" Kayla shrugged. I looked at her for a second. Her red hair and pale skin were flawless. She also seemed to lack any inch of the innocence that used to be embedded within me.

I narrowed my eyes, "Are you saying we could possibly be killing my family?"

Kayla sighed, "Look, Allison. I'm sorry that this is your family. But we can't let them brutally murder people for the sake of drug dealing. My own sister for fucks sake. I don't want to kill them, but your father is a dangerous man. We don't know the lengths that he could go to."

I nodded silently. Kayla was right. It was too late for me to care, and my family never seemed to anyway. I couldn't believe the person I was becoming. However, the pain and betrayal that I had to deal with was excruciating. As I was deep in thought, the door opened and we were greeted by Jared.

I put my hands on my hips, "I thought we were only uncovering the truth about my family, Kayla. What are you trying to do?"

"I want to confront them, and I want to prevent them from being able to sell anymore. Courtney, before she passed, had told me that their main seller trusts them. If we somehow fuck up this deal, their business would ruin." She stated with a look of hope. I couldn't help but feel awful that my family was responsible for the death of her sister.

Jared shook his head, "They're very smart, we would have to do this extremely carefully."

Vanessa nodded, "I got these supplies from a lender. It includes guns and knives. It's important that we keep them around us during this trip. I also have small phones that don't have a tracker or chip, so we can only communicate with each other. Also, each of us have to keep at least 2 knives with us."

I sighed, "I don't know how to fight or shoot."

Kayla shook her head, "It's okay. The men they hire to guard their quarters aren't insanely smart, they purposely choose them because they don't mind if they die."

I winced at the harsh tones, still in slight disbelief that my father was in charge of this.

Jared nodded, "Perfect. Let's do this."

After another couple hours of planning, the three of us were ready to run through our plan until the weekend. Here we go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------