Cliche - Holding A Grudge

" Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder" 

"Why the hell you teasing us? You know we be hungry and you sitting your ass here with a plate full of food staring at it. I know you still thinking about what happened two weeks ago, but baby that's over with. He okay. You need to stop moping and go see him." mama said washing the dishes.

Romane sat quiet at the kitchen table, clenching his jaw. He haven't talked to me the whole time he was here for his break. I guess I really hurt his feelings when I dismissed him. I finally looked up, he stared me in the eye for one good second before returning his attention towards mama. 

"If you need something done around the house, then let me know. I'm gone be upstairs in my room if you need me." he said standing up.

"Alright, I'm gone find something for you to do." she said.

"I don't know where he lives." I said.

"Well where did you meet him at?"

"In the hood."

"Hood? I know you ain't talking about that neighborhood where all them crazy ass gangs at. Azalea, no, no, no. Now, I can admit that you have picked the most down right no good n*ggas around town, but you really falling for a thug? That is beyond the worst relationships you can pick."

"Ma, we just friends."

"Friends my ass. If he got you moping around the house wondering when is the right time to show your face or when to call and all that mess, then he more than just a friend, sweetie. You like him, don't you?"

"To be honest, I don't know."

"How he make you feel? Do you like spending time with him?"

"I think he show me another side of him that don't nobody else know about, and I like that he can be himself around me."

"Well the questin you need to be asking is if he gone be himself when y'all are in public."

"We not getting into nothing."

"So, look me in my face and tell me you don't have just a slight pinch of feelings for him."

I looked into her big hazel eyes, but as soon as I opened my mouth, the words couldn't come out.

"My point exactly. Go see him, but bathe and do something with your hair." she sneered.

"I'm going natural."

"You look a natural ass mess."

"Whatever, ma. Stop hating."

"I ain't hating on your nappy head ass."

"Oooo, you lucky you my mama."

"And you lucky I love you enough to trust you around a thug you den fell in love with."

"I'm not in love."

"Yet."  she winked.

I stood up from my seat, leaving out the kitchen to go to my room. After what happened with Quamaine, I didn't eat for the time being. We haven't even seen each other for two weeks. Romane has been acting like an ass every since. I loved my brother with all my heart, but I just want him to understand that he can't hold my hand all the time. I'm all grown up. On my way yo college in a couple of weeks. My birthday is coming soon and I just really need for him to keep his distance.

The steamy shower took a heavy weight off my shoulders as it relaxed my tense body. The water combed through my hair making it flow down to my back as I poured the olive oil shampoo into my head. I washed my hair and my body at least seven times before I got out to dry off. When I felt completely replenished I got dressed, leaving out the house, so that I could catch the bus to the hood.