Cliche Is My Middle Name - Polish My Pebbles (Part 2)

" An Ounce Of Prevention Is Worth A Pound Of A Cure "  

Quamaine's P.O.V  

Azalea was looking beautiful today, and she was on straight business around the building trying to get things in order for the show. I really ain't care about what was gone happen cause I already knew she was gone make a comeback. My mouth watered as I watched her ass jump as she walked around the building. Mami was always messing with my hormones when she slipped on a dress. Them curves did her right.

"Damn, she got ass, but you ain't got to stare like that." Nakeisha joked walking up to me, "Why you in my business? Sh*t, I can stare." I told her as I took a gulp of my beer. "I guess you're right. How did she take the new?" She asked me. "She was pissed off at first, but now she act like I ain't say sh*t. We been doing good. I mean every night she be.................................."

"I don't want to hear all that n*gga. I'm just glad that y'all are happy, but I don't think she gone give me another chance at friendship. She don't trust me at all, especially after that lie you told her." I sighed, "Mane, I'm sorry. I was young and I ain't want to lose her at the time, I still don't want to lose her now." "Exactly, so you better stop staying at work two damn late. Females get suspious."

"I'm glad we cool, cause I don't what I'd do without you. Thank you for giving us access to the private room at the club, we enjoyed that. And how the hell you reserve police to chase us down?" I asked her. "I got some connections being the ex of Kojo I get alot of recognition. Thank you for killing him." She smiled. "It ain't sh*t. He was a f*ck boy."

"Well, I see that we both helped each other out." She nodded sipping on her white wine, "Nah, we still got some things to handle. I'm gone need you to take this key upstairs to my office. I got some documents in the draw. If you want Azalea to let you in then you need to show her that sh*t, and tell her about yo' lil secret too. I'm gone bribe her to go up there, just find them damn files." I told her, handing her a key out of my pocket.

"How the hell this going to help our friendship?" She asked, "You gone find out when you get up there." I told her with seriousness written over my face, "Thank you." She kissed my cheek and left to go handle what needed to be handled. I spotted Azalea taking to Nasia about who gives a f*ck. I just needed her to go upstairs to get what I need her to get.

"Hey, babe." She pecked my lips. "Wassup, you enjoying yourself?" I asked her, "Yes, we going to start in five minutes. "Can you do me a favor?" I asked her, "Baby, I got to give my speech, I don't have time." "Azalea, Blake's medicine is upstairs in my office on the desk. I need you to grab it for me." "Is he okay? What did he eat? Do I need to call the ambulance? Does he........................" I shut her up with my lips this girl always go crazy over Blake, "Go get the medicine. I'm gone handle the crowd." I said to her.

"Alright, I think I can do that." She smiled walking away. I couldn't help myself I had to look at that ass. "N*gga go handle the crowd." Nasia smacked me in the back of the head and walked away.

Flashback : 

The house was dark as hell when I got back in the house from paintball shooting with Blake and Nakeisha. I had Blake over my shoulder sleeping as I walked to his room. This lil n*gga was knocked out. He was a miniature version of me. Sometimes when I come home from work I catch him sleeping in my clothes or spraying on my cologne. He gone be a real n*gga like his pops. I thought to myself as I laid him out in his Lighting McQueen bed.

Work has been stressing me out and Azalea been on my ass about not coming home. The only reason I was gone for two weeks was because I had to finish paying off her school loans, and I was planning a trip for her and Blake. She always told me that she wanted to visit an island. So I bought her a whole island. I got money like that, but the whole thing was Nakeisha idea. She the one that got everything hooked up for me. That's the only reason why she been around me so much cause I needed somebody that wasn't gone tell her what was up. Nasia, Skylar, and the twins would have been told her about the plan, so I had to ask somebody that she didn't like. But my plan was to make them friends again.

I stepped into the room, slipping my shirt from off my body, and laid next to Azalea. I tried to snuggle up with her but she pushed me away from her, "Baby, why you tripping out on me?" I asked her. She sat up and looked down at the covers.

"I just don't get it. After everything that we've been through, you choose Nakeisha over me. What more can I do? I'm trying, but you keep pushing me away. If you want to be with her then leave cause honestly I'm sick of you sneaking around behind my back."

"You think I'm cheating on you with her? That's what this all about. Baby, I'm gone be real with you. If I was gone cheat on you it would be with someone with a little more class than her. I don't want no other female. These hoes ain't got sh*t on you. You're one of a kind."

"But she told me some stuff today and I'm really trying not to believe it but the pieces are right there, Quamaine."

"What you want to know? I'll be honest."

She sighed and looked up at me, "What happened the day that I saw her kissing you, and please tell me the truth."

"If you want to know that story then I'm gone have to start from the beginning."

"Well, I'm listening."

"My uncle was about to get married to a woman that I ain't never met before. She was real quiet, but she was kind of ghetto too. Since my uncle was player, we ain't take him serious when he said he was getting married. One day I was on the block selling and I seen this girl. She wasn't troubled and she wasn't happy either, so I approached her. We start talking and f*cking around, but when I went to the wedding rehearsal I found out she was the woman's neice. And guess what her name was?" I asked her.

"What does this have to do with what I asked you?" She snapped.

"Her name was Nakeisha. Yeah, your ex-bestfriend." Her eyes-widened at that, "We stopped messing around cause technically we was gone be cousins. Then I met you at the jewlry store and me and you started to chill. But, when I found out that you was friends with her it made it hard for me to be around either of you. That day that I was in the crib by myself, I was doing drug after drug cause my pops had died. Nakeisha found out so she came to my crib crying and sh*t and she had told me that her aunt called off the wedding. I took that as the chance to tell her how I felt about her, but you came. I ain't know who I wanted. So, I went to my room and she was standing there about to leave and I kissed her. and whe you asked about it I lied cause I ain't want to lose you." I said it in one breathe. "Long story short after you went off on her, I found out in college that my uncle and her aunt had gotten married."

"So, you're her cousin?" She asked me.

"Yeah."

"But, I thought that........................."

"Yeah, I know what you thought, ma. I told you wasn't sh*t going on with me and her. You gone have to trust me baby." I smiled.

She responded by smacking me across the face, "Why the hell you ain't tell me this a long time ago. I was bout to put a hit out on her head." She screamed. "And why the f*ck you lie to me asshole !"

I chuckled, "What was I suppose to do?" I asked her.

"Shut up and hold me n*gga." She climbed on top of me, and you already know what happened after that.