Cliche and Remedies - True Colors Show

" Think Before You Speak "  

"Why the f*ck you late?" Kojo complained when I stepped foot into the club.

"N*gga shut your ass up, you should be thankful that I'm here."

"Nah, bring yo' ass in my office, we need to talk."

"Talk about what? I was late one f*cking time and you on my ass about it."

"I think you trying to set me up."

"N*gga if I wanted to set you up, Quamaine's foot would've been in your ass."

"So, what you late for?"

"Cause once again, I'm lying to him about being here for you."

"I ain't trying to mess sh*t up between you two."

"I know cause I'm not going to let that happen. Now if you'll excuse me, I have business to attend to." I pushed past him to go into the back with the rest of the girls.

"Hey, Essence." The girls shouted, calling me by my stripper name.

"Wassup girls." I smiled going all the way to the back to change into my outfit for tonight.

As I got dressed, I overheard the girls gossipping about who knows what, "Yes, girl I think he seeing another b*tch behind my back. He always got a damn excuse as to why he don't be at the crib when I get there. I mean I keep it one hunned' with him all the time, I ain't got sh*t to hide, but I want him to be there for me, you know. Essence what would you do?" Creme asked me.

"I don't really know cause that ain't my place, and the way you feel about your man, my man think the same sh*t about me. He want me to be with him all the time, but sometimes you need to have some space away from yo' n*gga/b*tch to get yo' work done. We love y'all, but we just got to do our own thing. When he comes home what do y'all do?"

"He always tired and ain't never up to do nothing."

"Well, tonight make a good ass dinner with candles and all that. If he react the way you want him to, that mean you got him, if he don't you need to stay on his ass."

"True." She gave me and high-five and we started laughing.

"Aye, I got n*ggas outchea' ready to see a lil sum, so stop with all that talking sh*t and get y'all asses outchea' on stage." Kojo yelled from the other side of the door.

"Shut yo' ass up."

"Essence bring yo' ass out here." he yelled.

The girls started dying laughing as I made my way out, "What the hell you want?"

"Mane, stop playing with me. We cool and all, but you not finna' embarrass me in front of my strippers."

"N*gga I'm just here for the money. Never in my damn life did I tell you that we was cool, cause we not. That sh*t you talking about is crazy cause as I recall you stole from Quamaine and lied about him not wanting anything to do with me."

"Do you not know who the f*ck you dealing with? That n*gga a straight killer, what the f*ck I look like staying in town."

"Are you f*cking stupid? If you knew that you was gone be his next body count, then why the hell you do it?"

"Same as you. I needed the money. A n*gga named Red offered me a deal I couldn't turn down. He gave me a plug and I did what I had to do. I was selling white all down in Harlem, Brooklyn, etc. I ain't want to turn on my amigos, I swear I didn't, but they don't know what a n*gga been going through. I stole they stash and dipped. I ain't know Red had beef with Quamaine, but if I did I would've handle that my damn self. I quit working for that n*gga and settled down out here."