Cliche Is My Middle Name - Polish My Pebbles (Part 3)

" An Ounce Of Prevention Is Worth A Pound Of A Cure "  

Azalea P.O.V 

Quamaine had me running all the way upstairs for some medicine. I'm gone beat his ass if I don't get to do my speech. It was dark and cold upstairs as I made my way to the executive office. I opened up the double glass door and spotted the bottle sitting right next his stapler. I ran towards the desk and grabbed it. When I tried to run out and leave I ended up trippig causing someone to laugh.

"You alright." Nakeisha smiled helping me up. This girl was glowing as she stared me in the eyes, "You need to be careful. I just wanted to say good luck, and I really hope that you forgive me for what happened years ago. I'm not looking for any relationships any time soon." She half-smiled.

"You was suppose to be my friend ! Why didn't you tell me the truth?" I asked her. She ran her fingers through her hair and sighed.

"What was the use Azalea? You would have never listened to me."

"Yes, I would."

"Did you listen to me when I told you that Jai was cheating on you from jump? No, you didn't. You never in your life listen to what I have to say. All my life everything revolves around you. And look whose helping you to get to that spotlight, me ! Because that's what real friends do. You were the only one there when no one else was. But, everytime a n*gga does wrong, I was there to tell you the truth, but you always took his side, not mine. Which is funny because in high school you were the one to steal Jai from me. Remember when he cheated on me and then he ran right to you, and you thought he loved you. Friends don't do that to each other. I forgave you for every and any little thing. Because everyone is scared to stop being friends with Azalea."

"I said I was sorry for that."

"I know, and I forgave you for that. So why won't you forgive me?"

That was actually a good question. I honestly didn't know why I couldn't. She technically didn't do anything wrong every since that talk me and Quamaine had, "I don't know."

"Of course, Quamaine told me to give this to you." She handed me a manilla folder.

"If you didn't come back for Quamaine, who did you come back for?"

"I came back for you. Cause you're my friend, remember."

"After everything that I said to you why in the hell would you come back for me."

"Because you're my bestfriend. And when someone finds out that they're HIV positive they want to spend time with their bestfried, so that they know they got something worth living for. I'll never fit in with you and your new friends. I'll never have a son like Blake, and I'll never find a man like Quamaine. But just that one moment that me and you spent in your office was the greatest day of my life because you looked at me like a normal person ; not the girl that stole your boyfriend, but you looked at me like a bestfriend."

"You have HIV?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I found out right before you and Quamaine killed Kojo. He's the one that gave it to me, and he made me abort my baby. Now, I'll never be able to have kids. So, you win Azalea. You;re better than me." She cried.

I dropped the bottle of medicine and pulled her into my arms, "This wasn't a competition. I never wanted to be better than you. I just wanted you to be my friend. You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise because I am your friend." We hugged for a long time.

"I feel like a weak b*tch shedding tears." She smiled wiping her face.

"Oooo lil Ke-Ke bad is back." I joked.

"I missed you." She hugged me again.

"I missed you too."

"Get your ass out there and make everybody proud." 

"Thank you for being my friend." I smiled.

"Your welcome."

I left out of the office and downstairs. My models were all lined up and ready to go. Before I stepped foot onto stage to give my speech I saw Mya running towards me. "How did you get here?" I asked her.

"Where is Quamaine?" She asked shaking.

"I don't know why?"

"Because I want to live with you. I hate Maxine." She cried.

"What happened?"

He teeth chittered together as she cried, "She has a boyfriend and he likes to touch me. He beats on me and she lets him."

My blood boiled when I heard her say that, "Mya where did he touch you?" I asked her. She shook her head and cried, "Mya, tell me where?" She cried more, "He touched me here." She pointed to the spot that I prayed she would've never got touched at. "Did he just touch it, or did he mess with is?" I asked her.

"He just touched it and placed his mouth on it. I want my brother." She cried.

"What's wrong with her?" Nasia asked.

"It's a long story. Take her to Quamaine and tell him to hug her. Tell Nakeisha to take over my speech. I have to go handle some things." I told her.

"Wait, what?"

"Do what I said Nasia, I'll be back."

I ran outside and caught a cab. I ripped off my dress and changed into some sweats and a hoodie. I had Quamaine's 9 mm tucked. I've been through too much sh*t with this hoe and I should've been kicked her ass, but I wanted to be nice.

It's time to meet the new and improved Azalea.