Chapter 4

"Tinley. Where have you been?" My dad said trying to stay calm. 

"I had detention then I walked home." I say with my head down. 

"Why did you get a detention on the first day? What could you have possibly done to get one on the first day?" He said raising his voice now. 

"I arrived late to class and some kid yelled in the back saying I was with a student but I just asked him where the classroom was." Okay so part of that was a lie. He already knew that the school called him I'm sure. 

"Then why would you get a detention for talking to a kid in the hall?" He asked with a cocked eyebrow. 

"Because I got to class late." I say mumbling. 

"How late?" He asks again. 

"10 minutes." I say while staging my foot on the floor. 

"Why would you arrive 10 minutes late to a class that you got directions too?" My step mom yelled. 

"Calm down! You are not my mother so butt out!" I yelled. This is not the first time she has tried to step in and control my life. She and I have never gotten along and it surely won't start now. My dad steps in now. 

"Listen here young lady you will not talk to your step mother that way! She is here to help you as am I. But your attitude sucks! So change it." He yells. I turn and leave to my room and slam the door. Dad hates it when I do that. Opsie. Whatever. 

I hop in the shower and take a nice long hot one. Dad also hates it when I do that. After my shower I decided to just put pajamas on. I put on my Nike running shorts with a matching sports bra. Then I twisted my hair on top of my head into a small tight bun. I get my laptop and curl into my bed. I decided to start watching my new show 'The Secret Life Of The American Teenager' it was about 1:05 in the morning when I decide to head to bed. My phone had other plans. I get a text from none other than the devil himself Kyler. But my phone says 

Kyler😍❤️😉: hey babe ;)Me: what do you want at 1 in the morning?Kyler😍❤️😉: just wanted to talk. How are your knuckles?Me: sore but that's how I know the job was done right :)Kyler😍❤️😉: I can't wait to see you beat the shit out of a punching bag, maybe we could be the most feared people in school. ;)Ah this boy is going to be the death of me... 
Me: well it's late and I need sleep. Or I will be extra cranky tomorrow.Kyler😍❤️😉: you got it babe ;) nighty night.My mind eventually turns off and I slip into a deep sleep. 

                                                                                          ---

The next morning I felt like hell. My knuckles were all black and blue. They hurt so bad I'm going to have to put some foundation on them so people don't ask questions. But I think Claire will have more trouble hiding her newly crooked nose. I climb out of bed and do my normal routine. Dad had already gone to work when I went downstairs. But the evil step mother was still here good thing not for long. I'll just walk to school today not riding in a car with her. Once they left I grabbed an apple and ate it on my way. 

Walking by Kyler's house I hear yelling. I wonder what it is about. Whatever not my issue. As a matter of fact I think I will avoid him all day and go to the gym later. I need to get in better shape. I hear a door slam behind me. Knowing it is Kyler. I don't turn around. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. This is going to be harder than I thought. 

"Tinley!" I hear him yelling

I just kept walking. That's what the walk consisted of. Me trying to avoid the freakishly hot Bad Boy. I shake my head at the thought. When I get to school I see my best friends Blair and Jonah. I run between them and hug them both at the same time. We didn't talk too much yesterday I was dealing with doofus. Who has disappeared.

"Why the fuck didn't you tell us you beat the shit out of Claire!" Blair yelled I couldn't help but laugh.

"Seriously though. We hate that bitch and you lucky bastard get to use her as a human punching bag and you didn't tell us!?" Jonah also yelled.

"Jezz guys, I just punched her in her nose then she came at me and I ducked and she toppled over the top of me onto the pavement." I say shrugging my shoulders. 

"Girl let me see your hand. Claire's nose is fucked." Blair said taking my right hand. She and Jonah both gasped. 

"Holy hell Tinley!" She yelled. I shushed her, not wanting other kids to start looking our way. 

"You hit her really hard!" Jonah said loudly. 

"Big whoop. Probably going to get in trouble for it too." I said. I was ready to stop talking about it. 

"Who cares? You punched her and you left without a single scratch. Ohh Rico will be so proud!" They both say. Rico is my other friend we are really close. He thought me how to fight when I was 10 because of some bullies on the playground kept kicking me in the mud. He also trains with me at the gym. We got a brother/sister bond with each other. We would hangout when I left my house to get away from my dad and his wife, and her kids. 

They are all so annoying. Then I became like a magnet. All the bullies chose me to fight or pick on. But Rico made me a fighter. He helped me train for bullies. So I wouldn't have a issue with getting bullied. Yeah it will always bother me but I take it easier now that I have a advantage that they don't have. I have strength, muscle and power. So they don't make fun of me that often. I haven't talked to him in awhile he works at the gym now after school and stuff. Rico goes to a different high school and he is a junior but he is like a brother to me. I will stop by later and see him and share the news. If he hasn't heard it already. 

"Probably his baby sister beat the crap out of a preppy bitch!" I say and start laughing as the bell rings. Yay time for another day in hell. I made it to English without a issue today. After her class I walked out headed towards my next class. When a strong hand pulls me into a closet. I knew who it was.

"Hey babe,"