Chapter 36

I picked Hadley up from Kyler's moms. I stayed and talked with her for awhile but I told her that I had to go pick Kyler up from Jakes. Kyler still hasn't gotten his Jeep fixed so guess who's been using my car all the time?

When I pulled up to Jakes house I knocked on the door with Hadley in my arms. Jakes mom opened the door and had a huge smile on her face.

"Tinley! Honey look at you! What a surprise I haven't seen you in a while." She exclaimed. I smiled back at her.

"Hello Ms. Dane. I'm here to pick up Kyler." She simply nodded and let me in. She led me down the hall to jakes room.

I knocked on the door before I walked in. Wow. Jakes room was a disaster and smelled of beer. Jake was passed out with his bottom half of his body on his bed and the other half lying on the floor. Kyler was also passed out. But he was laying on the couch in his grey hoodie and black sweatpants.

I had a good idea. I walked quietly over the the small couch and sat Hadley on top of Kyler's stomach. He groaned but still remained asleep. Hadley then smiled and leaned in towards his face and put her hands on his cheeks.

"Daddy." She whispered, he shut his eyes tighter before letting them open slowly. Once his eyes gained focus he looked confused at his little girl sitting on him.

"Hadley? How did you get here?" Worry lined his voice. But it was mostly confused.

"Momma!" She yelled and pointed to me. He looked up at me and his eyes widened.

"Oh hey babe!" He said with a guilty smile.

"Now now Kyler Scott... Did you get drunk last night?" I asked putting my hands on my hips. I wasn't mad really I just wanted to know. He deserved to enjoy a night to himself. He works so hard to support us.

"Nooooo" he dragged out. But I just stared at him before he sighed in defeat. "Yes. I did. I'm so sorry baby it will never happen again." He carried on.

"Relax baby. It's okay. You deserved to enjoy your time away from us. As long as you didn't do anything stupid." He shook his head with a smile.

"No I didn't. We stayed here all night and drank, and talked." He sat up and kissed Hadley on the head. Then Jake groaned. We both looked over at the passed out Jake.

"Dude. Where did you put my sisters underwear?! She's gunna freak!" He murmured in his sleep. Kyler and I started laughing and his eyes shot right open.

"Dude. What the hell are you dreaming about?" Kyler asked when he calmed himself down a little.

"I actually do t even know... Tinley! Hi! Uh- sorry the room is a mess." He said as he jumped up and started scooping clothes in his arms.

"Hi Jake, it's okay." Then I started laughing. He relaxes a little before I start again.

"Sorry but I have to get going. Kyler and I have to plan for Hadley's birthday party." I look at Kyler and Hadley. I couldn't help but smile.

"Alrighty man. I'll see you around. When are you and Tinley coming back to school?" Jake asks.

"When school starts again. Kyler wants to be in school for his senior year. And I want to be there period. Hadley will start going to daycare." I reply, Jake nods and then he smiles at he looks up at me.

"Hey you know... My sister is a certified babysitter. She's also a senior this year so she will be graduating. She will be living here for a couple more years while she attends a online collage. She would love to watch Hadley if you'd like?" My eyes lit up.

"Oh my god! Jake that would be great! Thank you so much! Here give this number to your sister after you talk to her about it. Then let me know what she says." I was so happy. Hadley didn't have a babysitter yet and I really needed one. Jake nods and says 'Sure thing!' Then Kyler and I make our way out to my car.

"That will be so awesome if jakes sister can watch Hadley while we go to school. I trust Kayla." Kyler says. I nod in agreement. Kayla was always really nice and caring at school when I went through that whole thing with Clair.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally when we got home I took a nice hot shower. Kyler was in the living room with Hadley looking at themes for her party. When I got out of the shower I slipped on a Softball tank top and some black shorts.

When I made it to the kitchen I saw Kyler sitting at the island with Hadley in his lap. Looking at his laptop, still searching for a theme.

"Any luck?" I ask. Kyler scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"Do you think your daughter can make up her mind? She's just like you! She liked the Mini Mouse one. Then she liked the Princess one, now she's looking at the Power Puff Girls one! She is so indecisive." I chuckle and sit down next to them.

"Hadley honey, mommy and daddy need you to pick out a theme. Or we will pick one for you." I tell her. She knits her eyebrows together in a 'try me mom' way.

She then points to the Disney princess one. And says,

"Here!" I grab the computer and order it before she can change her mind. Kyler sets her down and she runs into the living room to her toys.

"Thank you," Kyler sad letting out a breath. I chuckled and grabbed the hood of his sweatshirt and pulled him into a kiss. He turns to face me completely, pulling me on his lap.

"I love you Tinley," he grumbles with his forehead against mine.

"I love you more Kyler," I reply kissing him again.