Chapter 31

Kyler's P.O.V:

I woke up from surgery, I started looking around. I was in a room and I saw Tinley sitting next to me. Then I saw my friends, along with Tinley's friends. Jackson, Lucas Jake, and Blair. They sat in the chairs across the room from me. I looked over and saw Hadley curled up in Tinley's lap, sound asleep. I smiled.

Tinley looks up from our sleeping daughter and she gasps. She handed Hadley to Jackson who was closest and laid in bed next to me. She started crying into my neck.

" I thought I lost you, t-they said your heart stopped beating for six minutes... I cannot imagine a world without you in it. I love you so much baby." she sobbed, my heart ached for her.

" Shh baby it's okay, I'm here and alive that's all that matters. I love you more." I whispered into her hair and gave her a kiss on top of the head. She just continued to sob. I rubbed her back and she fell asleep.

Then before I knew it Hadley was calling out to me, stretching her arms above her head saying 'Daddy!'. Jackson handed her to me and I sat her on my lap. She leaned forward laying her head on my chest. Then she also fell asleep on me. Great now I couldn't move at all or I would wake up my beauty's. But I wouldn't want to be in any other position right now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tinley's P.O.V:

Kole was still at my house. Kyler had been gone for two hours. He wasn't answering my calls or texts. I was starting to worry. Right then my phone started ringing. I rushed over to it and noticed the caller ID was Jake. Strange...

T- "Hello?"

J- "Tinley! Get to the hospital right now! Kyler's Jeep got hit! Someone hit him and he is in the ER!"

I didn't even hear if he had anything else to say before I hung up and ran to tell Kole. We all hopped into Kole's truck and sped off to the hospital.

Once we pulled up to the hospital I ran straight inside. Kole ran in soon after with Hadley in his arms. Lucas, Jake, and Jackson were in the waiting room when I barged in. They shot up at the sight of me and ran up to me pulling me into a group hug. All of their strong muscular arms around me making it hard to breathe. I had to let them know that.

"Can't breathe..."

"Ops sorry Tinley." They say rubbing the back of their necks.

"Where is he?! Is he okay?! Please tell me he's going to be okay..." I yelled. So many questions running through my mind. I could tell by the look in their eyes that everything was not okay. They went to say something when the doctor came out and called Kyler's name.

I ran up to him grabbing on his lab coat. I started throwing questions at him left and right before Jake pulled me back a little.

"Well... Mr. Benson's heart has stopped beating. As of right now his heart has not been beating for three minutes. I am sorry but... He's gone." As soon as those words left his lips I fell to my knees. Putting my head in my hands. Hadley was behind me with Kole yelling 'Daddy!' causing me to cry more.

After three minutes of me sitting on the floor sobbing the doctor came back out. I looked up at him expecting him to say we could go say goodbye. But what he said next shocked me.

"His heart started back up again!" He looked so shocked. I shot up and ran back to his room without saying anything. I came to his room and noticed his limp body just laying there. He looked lifeless. But when I saw the machine with his heart monitor shooting up and down I let out a breath of relief.

I sat next to him in a chair and grabbed his hand. It was warm. I noticed his bruised knuckles. Knowing he paid a visit to Jason. I knew Jason didn't hit him with his vehicle. It was someone else. But I was just relived when I found out he was going to be okay. Soon everyone pooled into the room, Hadley was curled up in my lap sleeping when Kyler woke up.

I handed Hadley to Jackson who was closest and laid in bed next to him. I started crying into his neck.

" I thought I lost you, t-they said your heart stopped beating for six minutes... I cannot imagine a world without you in it. I love you so much baby." I sobbed, my heart ached for her.

" Shh baby it's okay, I'm here and alive that's all that matters. I love you more." He whispered into my hair and gave me a kiss on top of the head. I just continued to sob. He rubbed my back and I fell asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you ready to go yet?" Kyler groaned as I finished signing his release papers. I rolled my eyes and signed one last line.

"Yes. Now quit whining. You are worse than our nine month old." I say while handing the papers to the nurse. He chuckled and grabbed my hand.

When we got outside I helped him into my low-sitting car. I drove a Maroon 2011 Chevy Malibu. It was my 3rd baby. Yeah it's on the old side but it looks brand new. I treat that thing so well. Not even one scratch.

"Babe you can drive a little faster it will be next week by the time we get home." Kyler said resting his head on the head rest. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay driver of the freaking year. Would you like to get into another accident? No I didn't think so. So shut your mouth." He is annoying when he is on pain killers. Soon enough he will be able to live without them. When I pulled into our drive way Kyler hopped out and I groaned at him.

"Kyler Scott Benson! Chill the hell out!" I say jumping out of the car. Kyler grabbed Hadley and we walked inside. Kyler pulled me into his side and kissed the top of my head.

" I got my Two girls. All I need in life."