Chapter 34

After we ate dinner we were playing the Game Of Life. I loved that game. Soon after, Kole showed up. It was somewhat a celebration that dad took the trash out. Dad was relived, my knuckles were sore but I was happy, Kyler was... Well he and Kole didn't really know Shelly. I kept kyler clear of her, and dad kept Kole at a safe enough distance.

After I kicked butt in The Game Of Life, we headed home. Hadley was passed out on Kyler with her arms wrapped around his neck almost the entire game. Kyler said he would have won if it wasn't for her. But I don't believe that for a second. Once we got home Kyler put Hadley to bed. And I decided to put my aching body to bed. I slipped on one of Kyler's T-shirts and slipped under the comforters. Soon Kyler came in and stripped from his jeans and T-shirt. Leaving his toned chest and stomach reveled. Yum. I curled up close to him and let out a deep breath.

"What's wrong babe?" Kyler whispered running his hand through my hair.

"I'm just worried about my dad. What will happen to him now? He doesn't do well by himself. I mean I'm glad he left Shelly. I couldn't be more happy. But he's going to get lonely now. Makes me feel bad." I say tracing my fingers on his abs.

"Well he will meet someone, he has to live the bachelor life for awhile. He will get someone worthy of him and his family." He kissed the top of my head. I knew he was right but it still didn't make me feel any less bad.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I woke up to Hadley sitting up in Kyler's spot. Kyler wasn't laying beside me though. Strange. She was hitting my belly trying to wake me up. It worked.

"Daddy! Momma!" She yelled. Soon Kyler came in and jumped on the bed next to me.

"Mornin' momma." He said with a wink.

"Is there a reason you made our nearly 10 month old daughter wake me up at this ungodly hour?" I ask rubbing my eyes. I'm still really groggy.

"Well I have to go to work. One of the workers wife had a baby last night and he took the day off. So I have to go in for him." He says letting out a sigh. I rolled my eyes at his behavior.

"You can't get all 'oh my lanta why did he have to take work off? Now I have to fill in for him' because they filled in for you when Hadley was born." He rolled his eyes at me. And groaned.

"I know I know. But I have to leave. I'll be back at 2." He kisses me and Hadley and walks out of the bedroom. I turn to face my blonde haired blue eyed baby girl and smiled.

"Momma!" She yelled. I smiled

"Hadley!" I yelled back. She smiled and giggled.

"Hungy!" She whined. Ugh must be Kyler didn't feed her.

"Daddy didn't feed you? Ugh mean daddy huh?" I say in a grouchy tone. She nodded. I then lift her up and walk into the kitchen.

"Want some pears? Or applesauce?"

"Food!" She yelled and slammed her palms on the high chair.

I rolled my eyes and mumbled "pears it is."

Once Hadley is fed I bring her into her room and change her into a pink dress and some tights. I then slip on her little pink ballerina slippers. She liked to dress like a princess.

I sat her down and there was a knock on the front door. I peep behind the shade to see who it is. I squeal. I twist the doorknob and swing the door open. I then yelled.

"Jonah!"

"Tin can!" He yells back. I rolled my eyes and leaped into his arms. I hadn't seen Jonah in months. I really missed him.

"Whoa! I guess you really missed me." He stumbles back but he wraps his arms around me returning the hug.

He peers over my shoulder and sees Hadley standing there with a thumb in her mouth and a princess doll in the other. He pulls off me and yells.

"Hadley! Uncle missed you!" She giggles as Jonah sweeps her off her feet and plants kisses on her cheek.

"onah!" She yells. She missed the J but hey she's still little.

"You have gotten so big!" Jonah exclaims.

"You know Tinley I missed you lots. But I missed your kid more." He then smushes Hadley's cheek against his. Making her lips poke out. I grunted.

"Nice to know you use me for my kid!" I cross my arms and look away from the cuteness overload going on in front of me.

"Oh Tinley I missed you both equally don't get jealous." He then walks into the living room and plops down on the couch. Like he owns the place might I add.

"So what brings you to my humble abode?" I ask.

"Well like I said. I missed you and your baby." Uh-huh nope just for my baby.

"Have you seen Blair yet?" I ask, Jonah went on a Cruze for a month with his family and Blair and I haven't seen him.

"No, feel special. Because I came here first." He explains sitting on the floor while Hadley puts a tiara on his head. I snap a quick picture and send it to Blair.

Me: Get your butt to my house. Jonah is home and wearing a tiara.

Blair 😜: Oh my Jesus. I'll be there soon. Make sure he keeps that tiara on till I get there!

Me: You got it!

I seriously love my friends. Blair showed up within 5 minutes. She and Jonah hugged then she plopped on the couch next to me texting away on her phone.

"Who are you texting?" I ask getting nosey. She rolled her eyes then let out a small girly squeal.

"His name is Patrick. He is the quarterback of the football team. He's so hot Tinley I want to die!" She explains. Now it's my turn to roll my eyes. But I'm happy for her. But he sounds like he could be a player. Just running of stereotypes right now.

"Watch your back though Blair... I don't want to kick someone's ass for hurting my best friend." I say. Jonah looks at me and laughs while Blair nods.

"I know tin tin. I'll be careful."