Chapter 29

It's been a solid four months since he miscarriage... It was hard but now it's getting easier. Hadley is changing a lot. She is now 9 months old. She has blonde hair and is always giggling. Kole has a new girlfriend name Kimmy. Jonah and Blair have been taking Hadley every now and again. Of course Blair takes pictures of her non stop. But hey! Free photographer who is more than willing to take pictures...

Kyler works at his family logging company still. And we have been talking about going back to school for the start of Kyler's senior year, and the start of my junior year. But that's still a few months away. Hadley was born in the middle of summer after freshman year, and our school goes 10 months out of a year. I have like 2 1/2 months until my baby girl is a whole year old. Kyler and I want to wait until I graduate to get married so that's a few years away. We aren't in any hurry so that's good. Currently Kyler is at work, Hadley is crawling around the living room and I am doing the last of today's work.

Hadley is standing holding onto the window frame looking outside, she points and starts saying 'momma!'. I then hear a knock on the front door.

I walk to the door and look outside to see a man I haven't seen before. He looks like a football player, brown hair and a serious face, but right now it looks flirtatious.. Which causes me to raise a eyebrow at him.

"Where are my manners?" The guy says putting his hand out for me to shake

"I'm Jason, Jason Heal." Then it clicks. He's the guy Kyler told me about. He's the one who was texting me telling me that he would see me soon. I shake his hand and tell him my name.

"Can you just wait here a sec. My fiancé isn't home right now he had to run the store, he'll be back in a minute." Lies but whatever he's clearly here to talk to Kyler and I'm not getting in the middle. I don't want him to be near me when I am alone so I quickly back up to the island in my kitchen just off the living room and entry way. I send a text to Kole so I don't disturb Kyler while he is at work.
Me: one of Kyler's old buddies are here and it's just me and Hadley. Kyler is at work, can you come here so I'm not alone with this guy. I don't trust him.? Please?

Brotha😈: Of course I'll be there in 3 minutes, I'm not too far. Do NOT let him inside.

Me: got it. He's in the doorway.

Kole was right he wasn't that far away. Jason looked at my Brothers blue pick up truck pulling into the driveway and glared at him as he hopped out of the truck.

"Hello can I help you?" Kole asks pushing me inside the house more.

"I'm here to talk to Tinley if that's alright 'body guard'" Jason snarled back. I let out a grumble, I do not need a body guard. I can clearly fight for myself.

"Well let me think..." Kole says putting his index finger on his chin and taps it as if he was thinking. "Nope. She has a fiancé and whatever business you have with him just leave her out of it. Along with their daughter. So leave." Kole's gaze was something I haven't seen before. He must be in 'protective mode' which I didn't mind. Jason glares at Kole and then looks at me. He points at me and says
"Don't think that he will be here forever. Pretty boy will pay." And with hat he leaves. Kole pushes me backwards with his back. Then locks the door and goes and picks up Hadley.

"Hey baby doll? Havin' fun?"
She giggles and kisses him on the cheek. I seriously think Hadley likes Kole more than me and Kyler. She's obsessed with him. But it's cute.

"Yeah! Play?" She asks him using her baby face. Kole is such a sucker! And now he is playing blocks with her in the floor while talking to me.

"So who was that guy?" He asks, I shrug my shoulders.

"Some guy Kyler played football with, they were best friends then a girl got between them and blah blah." I rambled and started fixing lunch.

"And you are the revenge plot? Classy." He mumbles more to himself then to me. Kyler knocks on the front door, must be he forgot his key. Once I let him in, He drops his lunch pale and embraces me in a bone-crushing hug. Then he kisses me, over and over again. Until Kole clears his throat, making his presence known.

"Why are you here?" Kyler asks curiously.

"Some creep came here when it was just Tinley and she texted me so she didn't bother you at work. Don't worry I protected them and got rid of the guy." Kole responds like he just won the lottery.

Kyler looks around at me with sadness, fear and confusion in his eyes.

"What creep? And why did t you call me? I would have been here in 2.2 seconds." Kyler assures me.

"You were working and I didn't want to bother you, and it was that Jason guy. You know the one? Yeah well he said 'Don't think that he will be here forever. Pretty boy will pay.' Before leaving" I say and Kyler's gaze became deadly. I have never seen that look in his eyes. Ever.

"That ASSHOLE!" I slap my hand over his mouth and yell

"Watch your mouth! Hadley is right there and I don't want her swearing!" Then I remove my hand and put them by my sides. Kyler's jaw locked as he looked around the room.

"I gotta go. I'll be back." And with that he left. Not another word. WTF?! He is getting on my nerves.

"Want me to hang around until he gets back?" Kole asks still holding Hadley. I nod my head and feed her and served Kole lunch. Still patiently waiting for my lovely fiancé to return home.