Chapter 37

Kyler's P.O.V:

I was laying in bed holding Tinley close to me. She smiled in her sleep, God I loved this woman so much. Hadley started crying... loudly. I held in a groan and slowly slid out of bed. Soon it will be a alarm clock waking us up and not a 10 month old baby.

When I walked into Hadley's room she stood up in her crib with her hands on the rail. She was still crying, almost like she was in pain. My heart ached before I walked over to her and lifted her up. I half her close and tried to calm her.

"Shh, it's okay princess. Daddies here." I rubbed her back but still nothing. The loud crying must have woken Tinley because she came in the nursery looking groggy from just waking up.

"She won't stop crying." I say whispering, I'm still trying to get her to calm down.

"Aww Hadley baby, come see mommy." She held her arms out and Hadley happily went to her. Tears still running down her bright red cheeks.

"What's wrong baby girl?" Tinley cooed still trying to soothe her.

"Does she feel warm?" Tinley put her cheek on Hadley's forehead then nodded.

"Yeah she does, we should probably bring her to the ER." I swallowed. I didn't like the idea of my baby girl having to go to the emergency room. But if her mother thought it was necessary then it was.

I quickly got dressed and then grabbed Hadley so Tinley could do the same. I put her in her seat and we drove off. Soon we pulled up to the hospital. I parked the car and grabbed Hadley. We made our way inside and all heads turned to us because of Hadley's crying. Some people gave us dirty looks, some gave sympathetic ones, they all varied. I could tell Tinley was uneasy about all of the stares. So I decided to speak up.

"What?! Two concerned parents can't bring their daughter to the hospital? There's nothing to see here so no need to stare." All the people that were looking quickly looked away since. I must have scared them. Haha. Tinley smiled although she tried to play the good person and gave me 'the look'.

After 15 minutes of waiting in the waiting room, the nurse finally came out to show us to a room.

"It's about freaking time!" Tinley murmured although I caught it. The nurse did too because she stated that other people in the ER had more severe problems. This just annoyed me. And Tinley because she sent a glare towards the nurse.

Soon the doctor came in and smiled at us.

"Hello Miss. Hadley, what's got you in such a fowl mood today?" The doctor asks with a fake pouty look.

"She has a fever and hasn't stopped crying since she woke up." Tinley replied holding Hadley's little hand.

"Well let's take a look then." The doctor said before doing tests.

After about a hour of that he finally came back with his clipboard.

"Well it looks like Hadley here has a sever ear infection. Nothing medicine can't cure though." He states. Hadley has never been sick before and now she randomly has a ear infection? What the hell? He proscribed medicine that she will have to take for 3 days before he said she was free to go.

When we got home Tinley had a sleeping Hadley in her arms. She didn't want to wake her since she cried herself out. And right now she wasn't feeling the pain. She laid her on the couch while she got her meds ready. Suddenly my phone rang and it wasn't a number I recognized. So I answered it.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello... Son." I stopped what I was doing and froze. My father? The one who left my mom when I was 12, to be with some crack whore and do drugs and drink all the time?!

"What the fuck do you want?!" I yelled into the phone. He only wants money I can tell. But he's not getting it from me.

"Now now. Is that any way to talk to your father?" He asks.

"I don't have one." I reply Tinley heard the commotion and came into the kitchen. Giving me her curious face.

"Sure you do! I'm right here! Anyways listen-" I cut him off.

"No you listen. You don't have the right to call me your son. Because I'm not. Yes I may be a product of you but I am not your son. Got it? Good. Now don't call me ever again." I went to hang up but he started saying something.

"Listen kid. And listen good. I need some money to pay off this guy I bought some crack from awhile ago, I never fully paid him back but now I'm in deep shit. I need some money son." I laughed.

"That sounds like a you-problem. Have fun dealing with that and best of wishes to ya."

"Now now boy, you wouldn't want something to happen to your precious little girls? Now would you?"

"You stay the fuck away from my family you nut job. Or I will personally hunt you down." I growled in the phone.

"Just a warning son. 1,200$ by Sunday. Or else." He then hung up. I yelled in frustration. Tinley came over and put her hand on my shoulder. I relaxed under her touch. But I was still livid.

"Who was it?" She asked.

"Kevin. My sperm doner." I mumbled.

"Oh honey." She pulled me into a hug. She knew how much I despised that man. I wish he would just leave my life for good. And stay the hell out of it.

"You need to keep a close eye on Hadley when I'm at work. Don't let any strangers in. Don't open the door for anyone without looking to see who it is. I'll have you stay at my moms during the day and I'll pick you up after work." I say playing with her hands. They were so soft.

"Why? Honey I can take care of myself and Hadley. We are fine any other day."

"Yes but you have no idea what Kevin is capable of. He is crazy. He's either drunk or high or both. And that's too much for you to take on. Plus he wouldn't come alone or not armed. It's safer if you are around people at all times." She nodded in understanding. I kissed her on the top of the head.

"I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too."