Chapter 21

I woke up with a gasp. Hadley was still a baby. And I looked at my belly and noticed it was still small. It was all a dream. I can't believe it. I started crying. Kyler jumped from the chair next to me and wrapped his arms around me.
"Shh. Baby it's okay it was just a dream." He said stroking my hair. That's the problem. It was a dream. I won't ever have another baby. I won't be able to experience pregnancy again. Or pick out baby names. Or get to decorate a nursery. For me it was a one time deal.
"What happened?" Kyler says looking me in the eye.
"I-I had a dream, that Hadley was turning 3 and I found out I was pregnant. An-And we were picking out baby names. Blair and Jonah were dating and Ricko owned the gym and he was getting married." I say wiping the tears.
"Oh baby, I'm so sorry. I didn't imagine this happening to us. But you know what it did. Ricko is right. Just because you can't have the baby doesn't mean we can't expand our family in other ways." He says rubbing my back. He was right. We could always adopt when we are older, or we could foster children, or we could use a surrogate. Because my eggs and his sperm are still good it's just my pelvis isn't good enough for a baby to come out. I nodded and he kissed me. I should stop worrying about it. We can figure it out when the time comes. But right now I'm only a freshman. Almost a sophomore. Kyler is almost a junior. We still have time. Even though Hadley will be older she might still want the company of a sibling. Kyler rubbed my back until I fell back asleep.
The next morning my doctors told me that I could go home. I was great full. I was so tiered of hospitals it wasn't even funny.
"Tinley just sign these forms and you are free to go." The nurse says.
"Okay, thank you." She says as I hand her back the forms and put Hadley in her seat. Kyler carried her out to the Jeep and we went home.
"Can you believe our baby girl is goi g to be two months old?" Kyler asks squeezing my hand.
"I know. She's already so big! It's hard to believe." I say feeling sad it really was hard for me to believe.
Kyler put Hadley down for her nap and made me soup.
"You are such a good boyfriend!" I mumble shoveling the soup into my mouth. Chicken and stars. My favorite.
"And you are the best girlfriend. I love you Tinley but you are eating like a slob." He says very bluntly. I turn my head to the side and growl at him and go back to slurping. He just laughed. I loved our relationship. We were like best friends. Even though we had other best friends.
"I love you too, but if you come between me and my food I will not hesitate to bite you." I say swallowing my soup. "Plus this canned soup tastes way better than hospital food.." I was basically starving. Not literally. But you get the point.

"I have to go grocery shopping. Do you want to make the list?" Kyler asked, I just simply nodded.

List:
Eggs
Milk
Toilet paper
Feminine products
Cheese
Nutella! (Must buy or I will be very upset) ❤️
Bread
Ketchup
He loved it when I added my own little touches to the list. But I loved making it very clear of what I wanted/needed. I ripped the paper off the notepad and handed it to him. He simply scanned over the list and looked at me with a eyebrow lifted.
"What?" I ask
"Or you will bite me?" He says questioning
"Yes. So you better get it!"
"Maybe I want you to bite me." He says with a wink. Ugh this man.
"I will slap you." I say aggravated
"Ooo kinky." He says winking again.
"You wish." I say letting out a puff of air.
"Hey! How did you know I wished for a little pick me up in the bedroom! No pun intended by the way." He says with a smirk.
"Go get the Nutella or I will do nothing in the bedroom. Ever. Again." He quickly scurries to put on his shoes then he stops and looks at me.
"Wait... Women have needs too..."
"Yes and mine is having Nutella. So off with you." I say waving my hand in the air. He scoffs and walks out. But then he cracks the door and pops his head in and yells
"Bye Hadley Daddy will be back soon! Love you princess!!" I immediately shush him and he laughs closing the door and leaving. Just then Hadley starts crying. Asshole. I go into Hadley's room and I see her in a different outfit. Oh what did Kyler put you in now? But it said five simple words that made me melt.
'Will you marry my daddy?' I started crying and Kyler pops his head in the room. I turn to look at him and he was on one knee with a simple ring in his hand. It was beautiful.

"I know it's small, and someday I will replace it with the ring you deserve

"I know it's small, and someday I will replace it with the ring you deserve. But for now this is all I have to offer you. The love of my life, the mother of my child, my soul mate and best friend. Tinley Paige Carter I cannot imagine a world without you. I don't want to either. I have loved you since the day you ran into me in the lunchroom. I loved you when you played hard to get. I loved you when you fought Clair. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to make you mine forever. I want to show you off and brag about what a amazing wife I have. And how no other man can have you. I want to make you Mrs. Tinley Benson. Will you marry me?" I was crying hysterically. I couldn't speak for a moment so I nodded "Yes, yes. Of course I'll marry you!" I say and he slides the ring on my finger and I jump into his arms. Smothering him with kisses and hugs. He sets me down and I needed to say something.
"Kyler... I don't want a bigger ring someday. This is the ring that you purposed with. And I don't want a fancy bigger one. This one is perfect." I say cupping his face and kissing him.
"I love you Tinley, and I always will." He says kissing my forehead.
"I love you too Kyler, and I always will." I reply kissing his soft pink lips.