Chapter 17

It's been a month since Hadley was born. That little girl gets more love than anyone I know. Kyler works after he finishes his online classes during the day, so I take care of the baby. I would like to get a job and help pay for the expenses but Kyler told me that it helps out a lot already just me having the baby and not having to pay for child care. I figured he had a point. But I still feel like with two incomes it would be better. But I will just go with what he says for now...
"Babe will you go get the mail?" Kyler yells from Hadley's room.
"Yep!" I yell back. I walked out to the mailbox and I was looking through the envelopes and noticed a letter from the county jail. And it read.
'Dear Mr and Mrs. Benson, We would like to inform you that Ms. Burmen is eligible for parole in 3 weeks. The judge will decide after her parole hearing if she will continue to be in jail or will be released. You are welcome to come and protest if you please. What you have to say WILL affect the outcome. Thank you for reading and hopefully we will see you there! - County Sheriffs Dept.'
I was so scared after reading that letter. I ran back inside and started yelling to Kyler.
"Kyler! Kyler! You need to see this!" I yell tears beginning to form.
"What? What is it?" He yells coming back out into the living room.
"Clair is eligible for parole in 3 weeks!" I say flailing the letter in front of his face. His expression hardened.
"Well we have to go and say the reasons why she has to stay in there. We have a daughter now and she is not only a threat to you but to Hadley!" He says trying to relax.
"Of course! The last thing I want is to put our daughter at risk. And that woman is dangerous." I say taking deep breaths. Kyler pulls me into a hug. I let the tears slip as he cups my face with his hands. "Don't worry baby, I will not let her hurt you or our baby. And I will do everything in my power to keep her in prison." He says as he wipes my tears. I just nod and Hadley starts crying so I go in to get her.
A little while later my phone started buzzing. To my surprise it was Jonah.
"Heyyy hooker." He says in his girly voice.
"Hey I am not a hooker!" I say as he giggles
"Anyway what's up?" He asks
"Nothing really... Besides the fact that Clair is eligible for parole in 3 weeks.." I sigh.
"Are you Shitting me?!" He yells into the phone.
"Nope I got a letter from the County Sheriffs Department. They hope to see Kyler and I there to protest." I say fiddling with my fingernails.
"Girl you have to go! You can't let the spawn of Satan into the same environment as your baby!" I sigh again.
"Yes Jonah I know. We are going. Kyler reassured me many times that he was going to do everything he can." I wonder if anyone else will go and protest?
"Good because I will not let that maniac around my niece and best friend." He says letting out a puff of air.
"Is there a reason you called?" I asked curiously.
"Oh yeah um. Blair and I were thinking since you haven't been out in a long time if maybe you would like to go out with us? Maybe to a party or a movie?" He asks sounding hopeful.
"That is so sweet of you guys but I don't do parties anymore... But a movie sounds great! I'll just ask Kyler if he can watch Hadley for awhile." I say getting all hopeful. I really hope Kyler doesn't mind watching her for a couple of hours. I could really use some time away.
"Okay ask for tomorrow it's the last day for the movie 'Bad Moms' and we thought you might like that movie!" Jonah says in a cheerful mood.
"This is why I love you guys!" I say cheerfully
"We love you too!" He says and with that we end the call. I go into Hadley's room where I see Kyler reading to her.
"Hey" I say in a soft voice.
"Hey" he says back.
"That was Jonah. He and Blair want to take me to a movie tomorrow and I was wondering if you would be okay with watching Hadley for a couple hours?" I ask picking her up and kissing her head while putting her in her crib.
"Yeah that sounds like it could be fun for you. I don't mind at all." He says kissing me
"It's the little things that make me question how I got so lucky." I say looking at him with pride. He bends down and kisses me once more before we head off to bed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(The next day)
I finished my class work and so did Kyler. He went to work for a few hours before he came back to watch Hadley. I was so great full for him to realize I need some time away and he was completely willing to watch Hadley. Maybe I'll repay him later ;) my phone started buzzing and I looked down to check the caller ID but it said 'unknown number' huh weird. I answered and I was completely shocked.
"Well hello there Tinley." Jenna says.
"What do you want Jenna?" I say in a irritated tone.
"Well I'm assuming you heard that Clair is eligible for parole in 3 weeks?" She asks
"Yes I have now get to the point." I am seriously getting impatient.
"Yeah well I miss my best friend and in my eyes she has every right to do what she did to you. Now when her parole hearing comes around I expect you to say nothing but good things about her so she gets let out." She says Ina sassy tone.
"Excuse me... Hell no. She stabbed me and I punched her twice because she had it coming. She fucking stabbed me. She nearly killed me and my daughter before she was born. And no I'm not saying nice things about her. I hate her and she deserves to rot in jail." I say getting angry.
"Well you knocked her out cold and put her in the hospital... And she did nothing wrong. You should feel ashamed of yourself. You dirty little whore. No wonder why you go pregnant. Poor child is a nuisance. Should've been put in the system." THATS IT! Nobody talks that way about my daughter.
"You want to come and say that shit to my face?! Nobody talks that way about my daughter! Ever! She had nothing to do with my mistakes. And she is NOT one of them. She is happy and healthy right where she is! And surrounded by people who love her. And I'm the whore?! Look at you?! Sleeping. With all of Clair's sloppy seconds and her one night stands. You have a new boy toy every week. So keep out of my life and keep my daughter out of it because she has nothing to do with this!" I yelled furious. What a bitch. I will cut her.
"Well she is. A teenage mother and father. She's hopeless. Might as well give her to a pack of wolves. They'd do a better job at raising her then you and Kyler." Ohhh wrong thing to say bitch.
"Okay if you think she is so hopeless and isn't raised well by her parents who work their asses off to give her everything she needs. Then come and say that to her mothers face. I will not hesitate to knock you out either. Don't you call me again. Ever! And leave my daughters name out of your nasty ass mouth. Or I'll knock you out for that." And I end the call. That bitch deserves to be put in a mental institution. Like oh Clair did nothing wrong... Hmm. She only stabbed me and nearly costed mine and my daughters life. I honestly can't wait for a movie. Maybe I'll run into bitch face and have a little fun. Ooo I'm getting excited just thinking about it. 😈