Chapter 23

Today makes 5 moths since I had Hadley. She is almost half a year. That's crazy! She has beautiful dark brown hair, and big dark brown eyes. She is such a crazy baby, she is always happy though. So I guess Kyler and I got lucky in that department.

"Hey baby," Kyler says giving me a kiss as I make pancakes.

"Hey," I reply.

"Pancakes huh? I haven't had those in forever!"

"Yep I was in the cooking mood this morning, today Hadley is five months old!" I squeal. She comes crawling into the kitchen and Kyler picks her up.

"Dada!" Hadley yells while pointing at Kyler

"She just said her first word!" I yell in happiness

"Good job baby girl!" Kyler yells and kisses her cheek, "I always knew you would say 'dada' before 'momma'" he says and winks at me.
"Oh my god! I have to call Blair, and Jonah, and our parents!" I say in excitement. Kyler grabs my hand and looks me right in the eyes.

"Relax babe, they can know later. She just said 'Dada'!" He says with a big ear to ear grin. Hadley just smiles and bites down on her finger. Aww she's getting so big. I finish the pancakes and Kyler set Hadley in her high chair and we ate. After breakfast was finished and cleaned up I had to call Blair and Jonah. She picks up after four rings.

B- "Hello?"
T- "Blair! Guess what!"
B- "what?!"
T- "Hadley said her first word! And today she is five months!"
B- "what?! Really?! What did she say?"
T- " 'Dada' but it's okay because she said her first word!"
B- "Oh my god Tinley that's amazing!"
T- "Yeah, wanna add Jonah to the call?"
B- "Here he is."
J- "Hello?"
T- "Hey! Guess what?!"
J- "What?"
B- "Hadley said her first word!"
T- "Blair! I wanted to tell him!"
J- "What?! What was it?"
T- " 'Dada'"
J- "Wow that's great! I guess I owe your dad five bucks..."
T- "Why?"
J- "He thought Hadley would say 'dada' before 'momma' and I though the opposite. Now I owe him."
T- "Oh, well I just wanted to tell you guys I have to go now. Bye!"
B, J- "Bye!"
After I called them I called my dad and Kyler's mom. They were both excited but sad at the same time. I am too I guess. I guess Hadley is growing up. 😭.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I set Hadley on the floor with her toys and I sat on the couch trying to do my school work. Kyler finished his this morning after breakfast. He's in the shower now then he has to go to work. I miss him when he's gone. But today I'll try and teach Hadley to say 'Momma' so I don't feel so left out. I mean I carried her around for 8 1/2 months and I pushed her out! She should have said 'momma' first... But I wanted her to be a daddies girl. Just like I was. And still am.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Clair's parole hearing is tomorrow so Kyler asked for the day off. I was really nervous about it. I didn't want her to get free. She didn't deserve it. I was hospitalized because of her. I could have lost my daughter before she was born. Then her stupid friend caused me to be hospitalized again and now I can't have anymore kids... How did I get so lucky? Note the sarcasm. Kyler just got home and we are talking while cuddling with Hadley on the couch.

"So are you ready for the hearing tomorrow?" He asked playing with Hadley's hair.

"Not really. But I'm ready to make a statement to why she can't get out. I could probably care less if we didn't have Hadley. But we do have her and the psycho Clair is she probably would hurt Hadley and I really don't want to risk it." I reply.

"Yeah I get it. If she gets out, then I will makes sure Hadley and you are safe at all times. But I'm going to do everything I can to make sure she doesn't get out." He kisses Hadley on the head and kisses me on the lips.

"Thank you Kyler, for everything." I then cuddle closer to him and rub Hadley's back.

"No baby, thank you, for everything." He kisses my head and I fall asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wake up to a Big Bang in the kitchen, Kyler put me to bed last night. I look at the clock and it read 3:24 a.m. Kyler shot up when I did. He jumps out of bed when I do, he opens the bedroom door and grabs his baseball bat. He walks out first and I run to Hadley's room. She is sleeping in her crib, I grab her and run back to my room. I lay her in my bed and put pillows around her. I lock the windows and closed the shades. I then follow Kyler to the kitchen. We peer around the wall, we see a dark figure. I was really scared. Kyler raises the bat and gets ready to swing when I turn the light on.
"Ahhh!" We all yell.
"Trisha?" I yell in a questioning tone. Trisha is my step sister. She is only 14.
"Tinley!" She yells back.
"What the hell are you doing here?!" I yell at her.
"Please don't be mad. I was at a friends house and they had a party, the cops showed up and I bolted. I wasn't doing anything but my mom and your dad would kill me if they found out I was at a party. I needed a place to hide. This was the only place I could think of!" She claims.
"What the hell? It's 3:30 in the morning! We have a baby! She and all of us were sleeping." Kyler yells in defense. He was pissed and so was I.
"How did you even get here?" I asked.
"I ran. The party wasn't that far from here. But far enough." She replies.

"Dada! Dada!" Hadley cries from our bedroom. Kyler sets the bar down and goes to get her.

"Trisha I'm calling my dad. You shouldn't have been at the party to begin with. Then you shouldn't have broken into my house." I say dialing my dads number. He picks up after a few rings.

"Hello?" He asks in a groggy voice.

"Hey, dad? I need you to come to my house."

"What? Why? It's 3:38 in the morning?"

"Yes I know dad but Trisha is here."

"What? No she is at a friends house."

"Dad! I wouldn't be calling you this early in the morning if she wasn't here! She was at her friends but they went to a party and the cops showed up and she fled. She came here. Broke in actually." I say annoyed.

"What?! I'll be right there!" He says and the line goes dead.

"He is on his way. Trisha you shouldn't have ran. That makes you look guilty. You should have stayed and let your mom and my dad go and pick you up." I state clearly annoyed. I'm tired and I have a long day ahead of me I need my sleep.

"I know but I panicked. I didn't drink or do anything they other kids were doing. I sat on the sofa while people were dancing and drinking etc." I just nodded. My dad banged on the door before just walking in.

"What he hell Trisha?! A party? Cops? And breaking into Tinleys andkylers house?!" He yells I shush him a little because of Hadley but Kyler came out with her in his arms. She was awake.

"I know I know but I didn't do anything bad I just got scared and ran. I didn't know where else to go. Our house is to far to run too. So I came here." She said looking down.

"We will talk about this in the truck. Now let's go!" My dad said opening the door for her. "Goodnight honey, night Kyler. Night night Hadley." He says before closing the door.

I turn to look at Kyler and Hadley. I take her from him and give him a big hug. Before we all go and crawl into mine and Kyler's bed. Even Hadley joined us. Soon enough we were all asleep.