Chapter 4

Theodore III

"Daddy," Princess watched as I prepared her shot

"Daddy," Princess watched as I prepared her shot. "Why do I have to do it this morning? How come I just can't wait until tomorrow?"

"You know you gotta take this to stay healthy Princess."

"I know but I can't skip a day? I hate taking shots. They hurt Daddy."

I sighed. "I know Princess but it'll be over really quickly." Princess sighed as I walked up to her. She was sitting on top of the counter holding the Hello Kitty bandaid she wanted to wear after I gave her, her shot. I still hate giving Princess these shots every morning just as much as she hates getting them but she needs it in order to stay alive. "You know, I think you're really brave to be able to do this every morning without crying. I would cry every single morning."

Princess smiled as she banged on her chest with her fist. "That's because I'm a big girl. Oh! Can I have a cookie if I don't cry?"

I laughed. "Yeah, anything for you beautiful." I grabbed her thigh and stuck the needle into her skin. Just looking at the needle pierce her skin made my stomach turn and her legs tense up. "Just relax baby girl. You're good." I pressed the back of the syringe and as soon as all of the medicine was gone, I pulled the needle out and let Princess put her own bandaid on. I looked up at Princess who had glossy eyes but would never shed a tear of a needle. "You good?" I laughed, picking her up from the counter.

She sniffed. "Mhmm."

I chuckled. "You sure?"

"Yes. Can I have my cookie now? I didn't cry."

I pulled open the cabinet, grabbing the container or Oreos. "You sure? 'Cause I thought I saw your eyes looking shiny."

She smiled. "I was about to but then I thought about the cookies so I didn't."

I chuckled, handing her two cookies instead of one. "Well since you stopped yourself from crying then I'll give you another one. I'm still proud of you baby girl."

"Thank you Daddy," she said as she stuffed both cookies into her mouth at the same time. 

With Princess on my hip, I walked to the back of my condo and heard Jazmine in the shower. I still can't believe the acted a damn fool last night with Milan. I shook my head and stopped in front of the bathroom so I could put Princess down. Just the thought of Jazmine mistreating Milan last night was getting me heated so I was about to go in there and say something to her. I bent down to Princess' level.

"Aye, go take your hair a loose in your room and get the brush so I can do it. Make sure you close your door too."

"Okay."

Princess ran off to her room, and as soon as her door closed, I busted in the bathroom on Jazmine. I'm tired of her immature shit all the time. I know what Milan and I are doing isn't right but I can't help that I love her, and if I gotta defend her every single day then I'm going to do that and Jazmine's gonna have to respect that shit.