Chapter 30

Theodore III

I drove down the freeway to my warehouse with Mya sitting right beside me

I drove down the freeway to my warehouse with Mya sitting right beside me. We were released from the hospital a few days ago and as soon as we got out, I took Mya shopping. I took her out to show her how much I appreciate her for holding me down all these months and fighting off my crazy baby mama for me and for taking a bullet for me. Mya's been riding for me harder than any other girl I've been with, so spending money on her was just one of the ways I was trying to show my appreciation for her.

I was making moves in the hospital too. I really didn't see the point in them making me stay over night, but regardless, I was still getting shit done for me and Mya. I got another surprise for her planned for later but I gotta take her to the warehouse with me first. Mya's held me down enough to know what the hell I'm doing when I'm not at the crib. I won't show her the gory shit but I'll give her a little preview since she needs to know what I do. 

King told me about introducing her to the shit I'm doing. He never explained why I needed to talk to her and tell her anything about the business, except that I need to expose her and that he'd have a conversation with the two of us later tonight. I don't know what the hell is going on and neither does Mya, but King and her Dad talked the entire time we were at the hospital. I know they're cooking up something bad since King is involved. I just hope it doesn't have anything to do with me and Mya's relationship.

I looked down at my ringing phone and slightly sighed when I saw it was just my Mama. I already know she's on some bull shit if she's calling me. She only calls me when something bad has happened or if she needs me to do something for her. I really didn't want to respond but I knew she'd give me hell if I didn't, so I pressed answer and put the phone up to my ear.

"What's up Mama?"

"Hey baby," she beamed. "How are you doing? Can you still see through your torso?"

I sucked my teeth. "No Mama. I got stitched up but I'm doing good."

"You making sure you taking your medicine? I don't need you being in the hospital again baby. I need you out here protecting me."

I sighed. "Protecting you? What'chu done got yourself into Mama?"

"Oh, nothing," she mumbled. "I just need you to handle something for me baby. I'm not into any trouble or anything so don't worry about me but I have a little problem that I need you to take care of for me."

I sucked my teeth. I know she's calling to tell me something about Milan since Mama is so jealous of her. We all can see Mama is jealous, only Mama and Pops don't realize it. I know she hates Milan but I'm not doing anything to Milan. I'm not going to hurt Milan and do my Mama's dirty work because Milan doesn't deserve anything bad to happen to her since she and I were the ones to initiate the affair. Milan may not be the best person in the world but I could never intentionally hurt her. I still care about Milan a lot and it would be hard to do anything to hurt her. She's too good of a person to be dealing with my family in the first place.