CHAPTER 22 & UPDATES

***DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT ABOUT ALL SMALL URBAN BOOK COMPANIES, JUST ONE IN PARTICULAR

I'm not sure if you all know, but I am no longer in a contract with a book publishing company, and I wouldn't suggest you all trying to do anything you can to sign with a company. And I learned that the hard way. As you all know, I was with Lipstick Gang, and that was the worst decision of my life. This is just a warning to not get involved with this company because they're unprofessional, the publishers are VERY rude (I'll respect people until they start calling me out of my name), they only promote on Facebook (when only 2% of people actually click the links from Facebook they post, and it's an even lower number who actually purchase the books), and they just stopped responding to any of my calls, messages and didn't even respond when I sent them my second manuscript. Which resulted in them taking my book off of Amazon, which is fine.

I won't go into detail bashing the company, but I just wanted to warn you all before you all got involved with them.

Some advice for young authors, get a fan base through a free reading/writing site like Wattpad and publish through Amazon on your own because these companies are taking major portions of money and don't really have your best interest in mind. Self-publishing is the best route to take because you're in complete control over your book, editing, rights and promotions. (Plus I made more money and sales self-publishing. On The Sideline Story, alone, I sold over 1,000 books by myself, and with them, it was maybe about 50-60 books.)

Doing things independently my take more work and time but it's worth it in the end guys. Just look at Chance the Rapper! He's independent and doing a hell of a lot better than most artists out right now. I'm saying this to say, that if you guys need any advice on writing or tips or help with editing (because I'm pretty good at editing) and because I know sites where you can have people edit your books, make covers, etc. for you, then just message me and I'll be glad to help. I just don't want you guys getting mixed up with the wrong company.

As far as Chapter 22, and the chapters to soon come, I'll be updating more regularly on here in another month or so. I have about 4 week left until the end of this semester. I am taking summer classes but they're all online so I'll be able to update a lot more often for you guys. There is another update coming this weekend. I want to keep updating for you guys but I need more comments and feedback on the chapters so I can know how you guys are feelings. Just please get the comments up on the latest chapters and the chapters coming in the future.

Thanks guys so much, especially supporting me through EVERYTHING with 'publishing' with that company.

P.S. Did y'all see Burning Sands on Netflix? Trevor Jackson was looking TEW good 👌🏽😏 But why did they have the sister from Everybody Hates Chris with that everybody's auntie hair cut? 😭😂😂

Y'all, what's some good stuff to read on here?