Chapter 35

Aubrey

Jazmine and I weaved in and out of traffic as I continued chasing Theodore's car down the street

Jazmine and I weaved in and out of traffic as I continued chasing Theodore's car down the street. Who ever was in the car was on to us. They knew we were following them and planned on saying something to them before they took off like a bat out of hell. And I'm more than sure this isn't Theodore because he wouldn't be running away from me and Jazmine, so it's gotta be his baby mama or Willie's baby mama. The both of those bitches are crazy, so I know they'd be capable of doing something like this.

Theodore's car blew through a red light, and I was skeptical about going through, but fuck it. I can't let my best friend die, so I tightly closed my eyes and prayed to God before going straight through oncoming traffic.

"Aubrey!" Jaz screamed at the top of their lungs as cars honked at us and swerved away from us. "What the fuck! You could've killed us."

I chuckled as I looked over at a shaken up Jazmine. She always hates it when I do crazy shit. "You scared or something?" I asked her.

She sat in the passengers seat with her chest heaving up and down and her hand gripping on to the lever on the ceiling. I didn't know what that piece on a car was called, but niggas were always gripping on it when ever they felt like somebody was driving crazy. Or you'll get people like Jazmine who are just so afraid of somebody else being behind the wheel, that they hold on to it the entire car ride. That shit aggravates me.

"Yes! We could've died Aubrey."

"We're chasing a car Jazmine," I said as I hit a corner, just like Theodore's car. "There's no rules in a chase. You just pray and go. You see ain't shit happen to us."

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, whatever. You need to just be careful. I was thinking about something though."

I pressed my foot on the gas more, picking up speed, as Theodore's car got on the freeway. Whoever was driving, was trying to lose us but I was right on these people. If they were to slam on their brakes, I'd go right through them. They aren't getting away from me without having to put up a fight first. "What'chu thinking about?"

"What if Theodore isn't in this car? What if it's somebody else?"

"Like who?"

"Like Nicole or Tee Tee. When we first pulled up at Cashmere's car, I saw the person putting on lipstick so it has to be a girl unless Theodore's wearing makeup now."

I smacked my lips. "Hell no he ain't."

"Well it has to be a girl, and the only two that's got it out for him are Nicole and Tee Tee. And it would make since that it's either one of them since all of this is going down at Cashmere's house. Who ever's involved, knows Theodore's family."

"So, what are you trying to say? Stop following them?"

"No, no," she shook her head. "We need to find somebody to go back into Cashmere's house because if Theodore's missing, he's either in that house or in this car we're chasing. We need to chase this car down but somebody needs to go back in that house to see what the fuck is going on."