Chapter 34

Victoria

I felt like I had been sitting in Theodore's bedroom, looking out of his bedroom window to see when he'd come back or when Princess would turn up but so far I've been unsuccessful. All I've seen is the sun rise and the rest of my family come back over here after a night of unsuccessfully finding Princess. They had all gone home by now, except for Teddy and Isaiah and Daddy lived here, so it was just us. I'm sure they'd all fallen asleep by now, but I was worried about Princess and Theodore. 

I was almost sure Princess would've turned up by now. I mean, who could want her, other than Nicole's crazy ass? And I'm more than positive Theodore can deal with her without shit getting too crazy. He's done it in the past, so what could be the big issue now? And why isn't he returning any of my phone calls? He knows how worried I get. But it's worrying me even more since he always returns my phone calls. The only time he didn't was a few nights ago when he got shot. Something has to be wrong if he hasn't returned my calls.

I looked down at my phone that only had notifications from my family, asking if Princess and Theodore turned up but I just ignored them. I scrolled through the numerous messages, only in search from a message from Theodore but I sighed when I didn't see anything from him. "Damn, Theodore. Where are you at?" I whispered to myself. If he's all right, I know he's going to be pissed that I'm blowing up his phone but I'm worried. First Princess goes missing, now Theodore. "Fuck it," I mumbled. Something isn't right, so I dialed Theodore's number for the fifteenth time and put the phone up to my ear, hoping he'd answer.

I hate the way Theodore and I argue. I hate it a lot but I just let him get his anger out since he's pissed off. Theodore has a lot of issues, quite like the issues I had when I was his age. I know his mental issues aren't an excuse but they could be a reason as to why he acts the way he does. He has so much built up anger and resentment for me and Teddy, that I just let him get his way because I feel bad. I'm guilty. I let Theodore slip through the cracks growing up because I was so concerned about what happened to Lindsey. I neglected Theodore and I know Theodore's behavior is just a way of him acting out, looking for the love he never received when he was younger. And I feel bad for what happened to him.

I felt my heart rate speed up when I heard the bedroom door open. It has to be Theodore. I quickly turned around but frowned when I only saw it was Teddy. I sighed and turned back to the window, still hoping for Theodore and Princess to pop up.

"You know," Teddy's deep voice rang through the room as he stood behind me and placed his hands on my shoulders. "you really need to get some sleep. You're gonna drive yourself crazy sitting here looking out of the window. They're going to pop up eventually, but just sitting here waiting, is gonna make you lose your mind. You need to go to sleep."

I sighed. "But I can't sleep. I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing they're out there somewhere, probably looking for help. They could be in pain or hurting and none of us will be able to help them. I know Theodore might be able to handle himself but he's still young. He's my baby and I know he can't do everything, especially in his condition. He was just shot the other night and he just got into a bad fight last night. I shouldn't have even let him go. If something happened to him, I don't know what I'd do with myself. I'd feel horrible," I rambled. "A-And Princess, what's going to happen to her? I mean, she needs her medication. She can't just not take it. She needs it every single day or she'll be sick."

Teddy took a deep breath as he began massaging my shoulders, trying to calm me down, but I was still on edge. "Look Victoria, Theodore knows how to handle himself. I know my son and I know he won't let anybody take advantage of him. He's a grown man. Shit. We raised him, so if he could survive us and our family, then I'm sure he can survive anybody else. Theodore ain't no bitch."