Chapter 20

Theodore III

I sat in the passenger seat of my car as Donny drove to Savannah. I was feeling bad, more so guilty about Mocha. I usually never feel bad about killing someone that's crossed me but something about killing Mocha was really sitting with me. And it wasn't helping that I was seeing her as a missing person all over social media. I was constantly being reminded of what I did to her, but I'm gonna have to live with it now. The deed is done and I gotta stay low key until all of this blows over. 

I just can't help but to feel guilty since she was trying to get her life back on track, but on the other hand, she knew too much. I regret killing her the way I did. I probably shouldn't have killed her, maybe just paid her off and had her disappear but she's a teacher and a well known ex-stripper around the city, so people are going to be looking for her. I guess I wasn't thinking with my head. I was more so acting off anger for how she treated Princess, and my encounter with Jazmine's parents didn't diffuse the situation either. Damn. I don't know how I should feel about this, but one thing I do know is that I feel bad for doing it.

Donny looked over at me as we passed by the signed that welcomed us to Savannah. "You good over there? You've been quiet the entire ride."

I nodded my head. "Yeah, I'm good, just ready to find this kid," I said as I looked back at Trent. "Quis give you any word on where Banga's at?"

"He said Banga's at Lake Storm Thurmond. I don't know what his ass could be doing there though."

Bang's sneaky, so I can't put nothing past him. There's no telling what he's doing there but my family and I were on that same lake last weekend during our yacht trip. I already know his ass is up to no good, and with my family just being there a few days ago, something's telling me he's meddling in some shit he has no business looking into.

Even though he and Goldie supposedly aren't messing around anymore, I know I can get some information out of her about where he's at since she probably knows. I used my burner phone to call Goldie, like I usually do. I don't need my calls getting traced back, especially since I know how crazy Banga can be. I scrunched up my face when her phone continuously rang. Usually, she picks up after the third or fourth ring. Her phone eventually went to voicemail, but it wasn't long before I got a text from her number:

Goldie: Who's this?

Damn. Banga's stealing her phone now, too? I always use this number to call Goldie, so she knows my number. I made sure she didn't save my number, so this can't be Goldie I'm talking to. It's somebody else, and Banga's so insecure that he probably took her phone. It's gotta be him I'm talking to.

Theodore: You know who it is.

Goldie: I don't. Who are you?

Theodore: I'll leave that for you to figure out.

Goldie: Alright, you the one that called my girl's phone. Who is this?

Theodore: lol Don't worry about it.

Banga sure can't handle not knowing what his girl is doing. If he isn't following up behind her, he's taking her phone and pretending to be her on some high school sh*t. I ain't know n*ggas still did that sh*t as grown men.

It was dark by the time we made it to the lake but people were still out, populating around the lake as if it wasn't the middle of the night, so we joined in on everybody walking around the lake. I didn't know exactly where to start while looking for Banga, but Quis did say he saw Banga and his crew talking to people around here. We don't know what they were talking to people about or where they went but they just disappeared, probably still creeping around.