Chapter 45

Y'all, I'm thinking this book is gonna have like 5-10 more chapters but I'm definitely going to finish this book before I move back into my dorm, which is on August 27th. I want this book done by then, so expect more updates of this and less of Heiress for the moment. But don't forget to add Heiress to your libraries so you can have something to read once I finish this book.

Theodore III

I stood up from my office chair and walked down the spiral staircase so I could answer the front door. As soon as I got to the front door, I had my face scrunched up when I saw the butler talking to a couple of detectives.

"Aye, I got the door," I told the butler. He nodded his head and walked off to the back as I approached the door, where the officers stood at. "Uh, how can I help y'all?"

"We're here to discuss the disappearances of Teandra Redford, Nicole Anderson, and Cashmere Taylor. You came up as a person of interest in their disappearances and as a person who might possibly know what became of them."

I scrunched up my face. "How did I come up as a person of interest? I didn't have anything to do with either of them."

"Well, our sources tell us that you dated Ms. Redford some years ago and then got her sister, Nicole Anderson pregnant with your now five year old daughter. So, I'm sure you have interaction with one, if not both, ladies. And if I'm not mistaken, Cashmere is with your sister. Am I right?"

"Thanks for the history lesson on my past relationships but just because they're sisters and I was with Teandra in high school, doesn't mean I'm still involved with either one of them now. I don't talk to Teandra because she was a prostitute and didn't know which one of my cousins knocked her up. I didn't have anything to do with her."

"Well, we think she's dead."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Okay. And what does that mean to me?"

"That you killed her out of jealousy and rage for what she did to you in high school."

"That was five years ago. I'm not thinking about it or her, so y'all can stop speculating like I did something to her. I don't even have her number or nothing so I couldn't have done anything to her. I didn't associate with any of the, honestly."

"Not even the mother of your daughter?" the officer asked with a raised eyebrow.

I didn't need these officers all in my business, so I just told them the truth so I can save my ass. "No, not even her. She doesn't care about my daughter or the fact that I'm letting her see my daughter even though she courts said she wasn't allowed to see her. I moved her into a condo in the same building as me to try to keep her close to our daughter and she shit on me and my daughter, so we left. I hadn't heard from her in months until her and Teandra popped up at my club a few months ago, harassing me and my employees. Then Teandra shot me. That's the last I heard from either one of them."

The officer nodded his head. "Interesting. And you didn't retaliate against them?"

I smirked. "I really don't think you should be asking me this without a lawyer present, especially if I just told you I don't have any interactions with any of them. Now, since I'm not being detained, I don't have to stand here and listen to this. I gave you all the information I have, so goodbye and have a nice day." I stepped back and pulled the door shut but one of the officers stuck his foot in front of the door so it wouldn't close. I looked up at him. "Uh I think you need to move your foot."

"I will, I just have one more question."

I sighed. "What? I already told y'all everything I know. I don't know anything else."