Chapter 3 - Payment

"W ... What have you done with Mark?" Jack stuttered. But Dark payed no interest to the question, seeming to admire his new form.

"Hmm ... This body is very good. Quite muscular, even handsome I could say. What was his other name again?" Dark put a hand on his bearded chin. "Ah! That's it! Markiplier. Oh how strong he was as well, he really did put up quite a fight throughout all those weeks, but I guess even the strongest spirit can be broken."

Dark walked up to Jack, putting his sharp finger under his chin and lifting up his face. He admired Jack's wound.

"You were his best friend. He couldn't bare to ever hurt you. But then this happened, and he finally snapped. I thank you for helping me."

He put his hand on Jack's neck and lifted him off the floor. Jack screams and kicks at his attacker.

"As payment for this, I'll let you join him." Dark opens his mouth to reveal a long black tongue, almost snake like. He leans forward and kisses Jack, shoving his tongue down his throat. Jack cries out, but that only helps the tongue go deeper and deeper. The dripping black saliva off Dark's tongue pours down Jack's throat, sending a sharp chill down his spine. Finally, he releases his grip, and allows Jack to fall to the floor, coughing continuously.

"We'll meet again soon, Sean." Dark closes his eyes for a moment and exhales, sending shivers throughout his body. His eyes soon open, revealing Mark's soft brown eyes one more. He was Mark again.

"Jack!" Mark kneeled down in front of Jack, clutching his hands. Jack dared to look up, he didn't want to see the face of Dark again. Mark sighed. "Jack, it's me." Jack looks up and see's his best friend once again.

"Mark!" Jack shot up and hugged Mark tightly, not wanting to let go. But eventually, he had to.

"I'm ... Sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I didn't want you getting hurt." Mark looked away ashamed off what he had become.

"It's okay Mark." Jack places a hand on his friends cheek and brought it back towards him. "I understand." Mark smiled with him, only to notice the black ooze dried onto Jack's lips and chin.

"Hold on! What did he do to you?"

Jack remembered and almost felt like throwing up. The thought of it was unbearable. "I ... Don't know."

"Don't worry Jack, we'll sort this out. I promise."