Chapter 7 - Like What You See?

"Stop!" Jack's eyes were open wide, but everything was in a blur to him. All his senses were there, but at the same time, they weren't. It was if his physical body had been turned off by fifty percent. Mark looked on. What was happening to his best friend? He'd been fine all day, and now ...

"Ah, don't you remember Mark?" Dark's voice poured into Mark's head.

"What's going ...?" Mark took a step back, colliding with the large mirror lined with sinks behind him.

"You made his this way. Here, I'll show you."

Mark clutched his chest, burning, and his eyes felt like they were gonna pop out of their sockets. But he couldn't win, Dark was now free to show himself again ; fanged teeth, black eyes surrounding the pupil which was a violent shade of red.

Dark laughed and looked down at his body. "A lot easier now. Well done for co operating with me Mark!"

Jack lifted his head off the floor and met Dark's eyes, and how he regretted it, peering into those empty voids and seeing that crooked smile stretched across his face. He walked over and stared at Jack at his feet.

"You know, it's going to be a little harder for your body to give in, after all, your so much stronger than Mark ever was."

He began to walk around the shivering body of Jack, clutching his skull.

"Well obviously I don't mean physically, as compared to him your nothing but a wriggling worm, no fight left in you. However ..."

He kicks Jack in his ribs, causing him to cry out in pain, before Dark picked him up by his neck as he did before.

"Your so much stronger than him ... In there." A sharp finger tapped the center of Jack's forehead, before throwing him across the room and hitting the wall behind Dark.

Jack crawled towards the sinks and pulled himself up, only to meet his deformed reflection in the mirror. His canines were fanged, and his right eye was fading between his piercing blue eye colour, and the black and red that Dark seemed to have. His over eye was untouched, but Jack could feel it pulsing.

Dark walked up behind him. "Like what you see?" He placed his hand on Jack's green head and stared at him through the mirror. "It's only a matter of time, Sean."