Chapter 26 - I'm Here

Mark opened his eyes, his vision slightly blurry. He groaned as he shifted where he was sat. He felt something soft underneath him, and as his vision returned, he noticed he was sat on a large four-poster bed, with dark oak and black covers that were slightly cold to the touch. He looked up and realized that he was in some sort of bedroom, with dark red walls and black carpet on the floor. A set of draws were opposite and a large shattered mirror overhung it. 

Mark looked at himself in the broken glass in front of him, reaching up and touching the small wound on his forehead that was surrounded in spots of blood. He took in a sharp breath as a sting flew through his body upon contact with his finger.

Mark swung his feet over the side of the bed and began to haul himself up. He felt the blood rush from his head as a headache came on, causing him to fall back against the bed post. He gripped it for support, regaining enough strength to stand up on his two feet again. He looked down at the floor, trying to catch his breath as he felt his headache throb in the back of his mind.

"M-Mark?" Mark heard a familiar soft voice call out above him. Mark looked up from the floor and at the wall opposite him. A figure was standing there, his skin pale, bags under his bright blue eyes and a floof of messy green hair.

"S-Sean?!" Mark smiled. He ran towards the Irish man, embracing him in a warm hug, quickly taking in how cold he was, and how he didn't seem to be breathing. He heard Jack give a quiet high-pitched chuckle under his breath. Mark immediately pushed himself away, a glimmer of terror in his eyes.

"Oh Mark, nice to finally meet you in person." The figure smiled, his voice strangely auto-tuned. Mark watched on in horror as he saw Jack's canine teeth becoming fanged, his ears becoming slightly pointed and his eyes fading into that hideous inky black that Mark despised. Mark took a quick step back as the figure before him broke out into a fit of high pitched laughter, the haunting sound echoing round the darkened room and sending chills down Mark's spine. 

"Y-You're Anti, aren't you?" Mark clenched his fists, both in anger and also fear as Anti looked him in the eye, finally hauling his menacing laughter.  "Bring Sean back now!" Mark demanded, his voice trembling.

"Oh, if only I could, but Sean's gone forever I'm afraid." Anti said, taking a step forward and tapping the side of his head. "I'm Sean now."

Mark felt his head become heavy as Anti took another step towards him.

"You sick bastard! WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?!" Mark screamed.

"I didn't do anything. As far as Sean knows, he and I are the same person." Anti now stood in front of Mark who was now leaning against the bed post, trying to stop himself from falling to the floor as his legs became weak. 

"Don't you get it? Sean can't come back, and even if he could, he wouldn't be the same." Anti leaned in close. "He wouldn't remember his name, his friends, his family, youtube or you. So you might as well say goodbye to Jackaboy."

Mark's breathing became rapid as he felt Anti's presence close to him, feeling sick to his stomach as tears began to flow down his face. He though back to when he first met Jack in person, learning about how he was his inspiration to start youtube and being able to call one of his own fans his best friend. His big goofy smile, bright blue eyes full of life and that Irish accent that soothed Mark's eardrums, filling the air with contagious laughter.

Then he remembered Jack at the church, Mark bound to the chair in the middle of the exorcism room. Jack leaned in close and hugging his, a tear trickling down his cheek.

"You're gonna be okay Mark. I promise." Jack says softly, giving a faint smile as he leaves the room, leaving Mark all alone to deal with Dark. Mark swallowed hard as his mind returned to the present, still facing the demon who had dragged Sean away from him, feeling completely alone and at mercy to the demonic presences that surrounded them.

"But anyway, you're not who I'm here to see." Anti lunged forward, gripping Mark's head between his ice cold hands. He leaned in to the side of his face and whispered.

"I'm here Dark."

Mark's chest began to burn intensely as he heard Dark's deep laughter echo from inside his rib cage. He gasped as he felt his breath slip away as his vision faded to black.

Anti watched as Mark stopped shaking, his skin turning pale grey and his eyes rolling back in his head as a black ooze submerged them.

"Welcome to the world Anti." Dark smiled looking up at Anti, baring his teeth and putting his hand on Anti's shoulder. Anti smiled in return, locking his eyes with Dark.

"Good to be here."