Chapter 10 - Demon Blood

Soon enough, the signings came and everyone split up to their separate booths. Fans came pouring in, asking for pictures and signatures, and the boys loved every second of it.

Sadly though, the convention finished, and everyone started to leave.

"So, see you all at six?" Felix said.

Everyone nodded and went their separate ways. Jack looked over at Mark as they sat down in the car.

"You ready?"

Mark sighed "Yeah."

They drove through the city and soon came upon a large church on the outskirts. As they entered, they were dwarfed my the grand spire above them, a gorgeous long rug running in between rows of seats and a huge cross that was suspended above the alter.

A priest was sat in the front row of seats reading a piece of paper. He was quite an old man, with soft blue eyes and grey hair.

Mark and Jack approached him with caution.

"Can I help you younger gentlemen?" The priest asked with a sweet smile.

Mark spoke up. "Um, well ... I was wondering if there was anyone who could help me with ... A demon"

The smile faded and the priest looked at Mark curiously. "What kind of demon?"

Mark explained the situation and the priest looked at Jack. "And, was it this 'Dark' who damaged your eye?"

Jack slowly nodded, trying to avoid eye contact with Mark.

The priest rose and stepped closer to Jack. "May I see it?"

Jack swallowed hard, but then slowly unwrapped the bandage around his head, and removed the cotton from his closed eyelid. He opened his eye to reveal its pulsing veins and bloodshot colour. This time though, it was slightly tinted green. The priest noticed the dried black ooze on Jack's eyelid and his eyes grew wide.

"Gentlemen, what you are dealing with here is a very powerful demon, able to spread it's darkness and destroy what little humanity is left in a soul, allowing a new demon to take over."

"So wait ... It helps other demons possess people?" Mark asked stuttering slightly.

"In a way, yes. It targets a souls strengths and breaks them down, slowly, painfully, until the soul is so damaged that the demon essentially 'becomes a part of' that soul." The priest explained. "But in order for this demon to enter the body in the first place, another demon must find a way to invite him in. They do this by using demon blood, so once inside a humans body, a demon can make its way in."

Jack shook slightly. "Is ... Is that what this black stuff is?? Demon blood?"

The priest nodded. Mark's eyes locked on with Jack's. Panic began to slowly seep in.

"How do we get rid of it?" Mark asked quickly.

"It wont be easy." The priest admitted. "I can preform an exorcism on you, but that would cause pain to your physical body too."

Mark stepped forward and nodded. "I'm ready."