Chapter 9 - The Lying

Mark lead Jack back on stage, and immediately the whole crowd started throwing questions at them.

"Where'd you get the bandage?"

"Are you okay?"

"You're not hurt, are you?"

"What happened to you?"

Jack stepped forward. "Guys! I'm fine, really! Let's just get back to the regular panel, okay?" The crowd did as Jack said and started asking regular questions to the panel. It felt weird to Jack as he looked over at Mark. It was like nothing had ever happened.

Finally, the panel ended, and everyone on stage was lead to the back to rest for a while. As soon as they were backstage, Felix threw his arms around Jack. Jack stood there, a bit stunned at first, but then too embraced in the hug.

Felix stepped back and looked at Jack, his eyes glistening slightly. Tears?

"Sean, I want you to tell me what's going on." He said. Jack gulped and looked over at Mark who was talking with Wade and Bob.

"Can we talk about this later, please?" Jack asked quickly.

Felix sighed. "Okay, but I won't forget to ask again." Jack nodded and they headed towards the others.

"Soooo Jack, what's with the eye patch?" Wade asked as they joined them. Jack sighed deeply.

"When I was coming off stage, I banged my head." Jack lied. He hated doing this! The lying! He wanted to tell his friends everything, but he knew they would never him and Mark's story, and it would also put them in danger too.

"So guys, who wants some grub?" Mark asked, changing the subject.

"Me me me!!!" Wade cried, raising his hand like an excited kid in school. The boys made there way to a small table where some food was set out for everyone, from sandwiches to small little cakes and coffee. Wade began to fill his plate as the rest of the guys sat down on the couches beside the table.

"So how long till signings?" Bob asked.

"About half and hour, so we've got plenty of time to relax." Felix said stretching and placing his hands behind his head. "I don't know about you guys, but that panel wore me out."

He looked over at Jack who shifted slightly in his seat, Mark sitting next to him. "Oh, sorry." Felix said softly.

"It's fine." Jack smiled as he reached and grabbed his coffee. "So what's everyone got planned for the evening?"

"We were gonna go out for a meal tonight, if you guys are okay." Felix said.

Jack looked over at Mark. "Sure, that'll be fun!" Mark smiled.

"Well for now, I'm gonna grab some food now before Wade scoffs it all down." Bob laughed and made his way over to the table.

"Same." Felix joined him.

Jack poked Mark in the arm. "What're we gonna do?" He whispered.

"About what?" Mark asked, whispering too.

"About Dark, what if he comes back?" Jack gave a worried and concerned face towards his friend.

Mark thought for a moment. "Maybe we could stop off at the church or something and get him taken out of me?"

Jack's eyes widened. "Will that even work? I mean we're both atheist."

Mark shrugged. "I don't know, but it's worth a shot, eh?"

Jack thought for a moment and sighed. "Okay, when shall we go?"

"Straight after the conventions finished. Hopefully we'll be fine for dinner tonight." Mark said.

"Okay sounds like a plan."

"What're you two whispering about?" Wade asked with a huge smile on his face.

"N ... Nothing." Jack said taking a sip of his coffee. Wade's smile grew wider and his eyes glowed.

"You dare say it Wade ... I fucking dare you ..." Mark said staring at Wade.

"SEPTIPLIER AWAY!!!!!!!!!" Wade screamed as Mark lunged himself at him and chased him around. Jack played on his side trying to contain his laughter.

"So much fun, isn't it Sean?"

That voice, but it wasn't Dark's, it was slightly higher.

"What do you want?" Jack whispered softly.

"You and your friend Mark have so much to look forward to ..."