Chapter 31 - Phantom

(when will this backstory end...?)

Anti's eyes scanned Wilford's figure. He was strange man to say the least, but he had of course only known crazy people all his life, so calling him that seemed a little too much.

"W-what has Dark told you about me?" Anti asked.

"All he told me was that he's had his eye on you for quite some time." Wilford said. "From what I've heard, and seen for that matter, you're very agile and extremely skilled with a knife." Wilford folded his arms across his chest and smiled.

"What's your name anyway?" Wilford asked.

"Anti. But everyone just called me Septic." Anti said.

"Which would you prefer?" Wilford asked curling his mustache.

"I prefer the name 'Antisepticeye' myself." Anti smiled.

"You don't say." Wilford chuckled, pointing out Anti's septic eye.

"Heh, yeah."  Anti laughed out a hard breath, touching his eye. 

"Oh, and you're Irish I see?" Wilford presumed.

"I-I guess so." Anti said, biting his lip. He had always know that he spoke differently that the other demons, which didn't help the fact that he was different in many other ways. He clutched his stomach tightly with the wet flannel, catching Wilford's attention.

"Oh, sorry about that." Wilford said, rubbing the back of his neck. "Dark's orders."

"It's okay." Anti said. "It's pretty much healed up now, just a slight sting."

"Good. So Schneeplestein, how's it coming along?" Wilford asked, turning around to face Schneeplestien who was to the side, mixing the chemicals carefully in a glass beaker.

"V-Vine." Schneeplestein stuttered, eyeing up Wilford as he approached. "Did you bring ze book?"

Wilford opened his palm, an in a puff of pink smoke, a large tattered book appeared in his hand, opened to a page.

"Right here." Wilford grinned.

"Excellent." Schneeplestein said, looking back at the liquid in the beaker. "I vink it is zust about done."

"I'll grab Dark." Wilford said, handing the book to Schneeplestein and taking his leave through the wall. Anti sighed, looking at his stomach. The pain wasn't terrible, but like he had said, it was a slight sting when he moved, and his head was still a little drowsy.

"What exactly did he shoot me with?" Anti inquired.

"A bullet wiv a zpecial spell on it to knock you out." Schneeplestein replied. "Zat is vun ov ze reasons Dark vent to him. Vilford is ze best spell master in Raspy Hill, and I am ze best potion maker."

"What were the other reasons?" Anti asked.

"He's a journalist, meaning zat he can get information about anyvun he vishes. Over the past month, he's been getting info on you and Dark's vessels." Schneeplestein said, reading through the page of the book.

"My vessel?" Anti asked confused.

"Zurely Dark told you." Schneeplestein said, looking up at Anti. "A human who's body is a perfect match vor you, meaning you can live inside their body and take over them when zey are weak."

Anti though back to when he first met Dark in that terrible place, being tied up in his tiny room and not being able to move his arms bound in his straight-jacket.

"What if I told you that there was another person just like you, a human. And you could take over and live in his body, forever escaping this place." Dark said. "If you did, I could help transfer your eye to him instead, and give you the real demon eyes you deserve." 

"Yeah, he did say something like that." Anti sighed. "He also said that he could cure my eye by transferring my eye to my vessel instead. Is that true?"

"Yes, and no." Schneeplestein said. "Ve can give your eye to him, but zat vould leave you vith no eye left. So we'd have to make you an artificial demon eye though to replace it, iv you vant to have a normal eye."

Anti looked into the doctor's blue eyes, then thinking back to Wilford's brown, noticing ... Why didn't he notice it before?!

"Wait, how come you and Wilford don't have black eyes?"

"Simple. Ve're not demons." Schneeplestein said. Anti eye sockets grew, with both surprise and wonder.

"T-Then what are you?" Anti asked, cautiously.

"Ve're vat ze humans would call, a 'phantom'. Ve started out as figments ov your vessels imagination, but soon, many other people began to believe in us, and ve vere able to escape the mind and come here." Schneeplestein said. "Zat is also vhy ve know so much about your vessels, and vhy ve look alike." Schneeplestien took off his surgical cap, revealing a pile of green hair neatly brushed to the side.

Anti had never noticed this before, just how alike he and Schneeplestein looked. Same went for Dark and Wilford. They looked exactly the same, but also completely different at the same time.

"So, who is my vessel?" Anti asked. Schneeplestein swept his hair back and put his cap back on again.

"His name is Sean William McLoughlin. Twenty Six, lives in Ireland, occupation as a large 'Youtuber' as zey call it." Schneeplestien placed the beaker down on the side and looked down at the book again. "He also happens to be best vriends vith Dark's vessel, Mark Fischbach."

"Which makes thing a whole lot easier for us."A deep familiar voice said. Anti looked over and saw Dark enter with Wilford by his side. He looked over at Anti, a large grin on his face.

"So, 'Antisepticeye', are you ready to be a real demon?"

***

A.N

WOO-HOO!

SCHOOL IS OUT FOR CHRISTMAS!

WHICH MEANS I CAN WRITE MORE!!!

YAAAAAAAY!

We'll see how this goes, but then, getting one chapter up every night is pretty hard in itself.

PLUS, I do have a TONNE of coursework to do, soooooo there's that.

But as always, I hoped you guys enjoyed this chapter, and I will see you in the next one :)

Buh-Bye!