Chapter 24 - Blank Slate

Jack screamed as tears gushed out from his eyes, looking on at Mark's lifeless body on the floor. Mark's stone eyes wide open looking off to the side, his mouth slightly open with a spit of blood oozing out. Jack thrust his body against his restraints with all his strength, thrashing around like a seven year old child with a temper, continuing to scream. 

Wilford stepped forward and hit Jack across the face with his pistol, silencing him. But that didn't stop the tears flowing. Jack slowly turned his puffy eyes and looked Wilford in the eye. He growled under his breath as he clenched his teeth together, grinding them loudly. He opened his mouth in an attempt to speak, but no words came out. There was nothing he could say at this point, as he sniffed back his tears.

"T-t-t." Wilford said, folding his arms and looking down at Mark. "Look at what you've done."

Jack looked down at Mark, sealing his eyes and continued to sob. He finally caught some breath. 

"Y-You MURDERER!" Jack screamed, keeping his eyes clenched shut to avoid the sight of Wilford. 

Wilford looked at Jack with a confused look on his face. "Are you sure that I'm the murderer here?"

Jack peeked open his eyes and saw Wilford's golden pistol sealed in his grasp. His eyes began to shake as he quickly dropped the gun.

"Th-that ... no-" Jack stuttered, his breathing all over the place as he looked at Mark's body. Wilford stepped forward and whispered into Jack's ear.

"You killed him."

"N-NO! I-I WOULD NEVER-" Jack's cries were cut short as Wilford signaled towards Schneeplestein who sent a shock through Jack's body. Jack screamed blood curdling cries until his voice began to run dry. As the shock died down, his head hung slightly. Jack looked up slowly and looked at Mark's body, his eyes wide and full to the brim with tears.

"Oh god ... what have I done?!" Jack cried, tears streaming down his face. "I-I killed him!"

"That's right." Wilford said deeply, putting his hand oh Jack's shoulder, gripping it tightly. "You killed him because you're a murderer." He whispered. Jack's eyes fixed and he looked at Wilford beside him.

"NO - It was an acci-" Jack was again cut short by his high pitched scream as another shock fried his head and body, signaled by Wilford. His body shook violently as he felt his left eye began to move around in his socket. The pain died down, and Jack's head was again drooped until he looked up and observed Mark's body.

"I'm-I'm a murderer." Jack stuttered as he felt his head feel light, like a weight was being lifted from his brain.

"Well done." Wilford said with a disturbing smile. "You are a murderer Anti."

 "I'm-I'm Sean ..." Jack said quietly, trying to focus his blurry eyesight. Wilford stood himself in front of Jack's face, between him and Mark's motionless body.

"Now, what did we say you're name was?" Wilford asked. "Surely you couldn't have forgotten your name."

Jack looked up at Wilford, his face giving off so many different confused emotions, but his eyes blank and dull. Like a blank slate.

"No-I remember..." Jack sighed, shaky under his breath.

"Well then." Wilford exclaimed. "What is your name?"

"A-An ... Se ..." Jack mumbled, his mind filled with so many different thoughts  and memories that didn't belong to him. He felt sick as a huge headache swept over him, causing him to take in quick sharp breaths. Wilford leaned forward and observed Jack's eyes. His green eye pulsing viciously while his blue eye frantically began switching to black and red. Wilford folded his arms and curled his mustache.

"We're getting there. We just need to give you a little hint." Wilford nodded at Schneeplestein, who turned the large dial to maximum and in one sharp motion, pulled down the lever. Sparks blew out from the side of the machine as the wires began to rock. Soon, the current touched Jack's skull, and his vision fell apart.

Images of Mark flashing in his head, from when they first met, and how he had been almost in tears over meeting his youtube idol. Mark smiling and laughing with him as he, Felix, Bob and Wade had a bunch of fun.

His mind flashed to a gruesome scene. A body mutilated on the floor, it's throat slashed and a large carving knife in hand. The man's hair drenched in dark red blood and he coughed up a last spot of blood, before slipping away.

Jack thoughts ran faster than he could count, but he saw each and everyone of them so slowly and in detail. Picking out everything, until soon, all of his images of his friends slipped away into darkness. Wait, were they his friends?

An image of a tan man with bright red hair and soft brown eyes appeared in his mind, his smile slowly fading as he vanished in a blur. Who is that?

A small tear trickled down Jack's cheek as the pain faded. The screaming stopped as his body became limp, his eyes sealing shut and his head hung low.

Wilford leaned in close and looked at Jack's motionless body. He reached out and placed his hand back on Jack's shoulder.

"What is your name?"

Jack lifted his head and exhaled deeply, letting out a small high pitched chuckle. He opened his eyes. Completely submerged in black. 

"My name is Anti."