Chapter 13 - Missing

Mark was lead into a small room with two chairs and a table in the middle. The officer shut the door behind him and gestured for Mark to sit in the furthest seat. As Mark did so, he turned and looked to the side. He knew that's where the other officers were watching, he'd seen enough crime dramas to know that.

"So, Mr.Fischbach." The officer began, taking his seat. "Tell me exactly what happened at the church before you called us."

Mark twiddled his thumbs out of nerves thinking back to what happened, even though he couldn't remember a thing. He just remembered being led into the room, Jack leaving to wait outside and then blacking out, only to wake up the the cemetery.

"I-I don't know exactly what happened." Mark began, stuttering. "I was lead into a room with the priest, a-and then I b-blacked out."

The officer took out a pen and jotted down something in his notebook.

"And what were you doing with the priest?" He asked.

Mark gulped hard, but he knew no one was going to believe him. "I-I was there f-for and exorcism." He finally said. The officer took down some more notes.

"And what about the missing person you stated?"

Mark looked down at his feet below the table, a tear brimming in his eye. "H-he's a friend of mine, visiting from Ireland. His name is Sean McLoughlin, but he also goes by Jack."

The officer took down more notes. "What does Mr.McLoughlin look like?"

"Bright green hair, blue eyes, a bit short and skinny. You can't miss him."

The officer continued to write as Mark ran sweat drenched fingers through his tangled hair. It had seemed just like everything was going to be okay, Dark was going to be gone for good. Why did this have to happen to Jack?

"Okay Mr.Fischbach, how did you come across the priest's body?"

Mark thought back to that lifeless corpse hanging from the ceiling, his robes wrapped around his neck and a wooden cross stuck into his stomach. He shuddered before looking back at the officer.

"I-I woke up in the cemetery outside the church, and I went back inside to see if the priest and Jack were okay. And when I got there, I saw ..." Mark clenched his eye shut and a small tear trickled out of his eye.

"I understand how hard this must be for you Mr.Fischbach, but I have to ask this question." The officer said. "Is there any chance that Mr.McLoughlin knocked you out and killed the priest? It would explain his sudden absence."

Mark lifted his head up in shock, shaking as if a cold chill swept across the room and right over him.

"N-No! He would never hurt anybody!" Mark cried, disgusted that the man would dare even suggest that about Jack.

"I'm sorry Mr.Fischbach, but it is a possibility we have to consider."

"No! There's no need! He's never laid a hand on anyone, and he was there to help me!" Mark yelled, standing up and slamming his hands on the table.

"Mr.Fischbach, there's no need to raise your voice to me. I'm only suggesting tha-"

"You don't need to suggest anything!" Mark sobbed, tears streaming down his burning cheeks.

"Mr.Fischbach-"

"Just shut up!" Mark screamed. Suddenly, the lights and the window on the door shattered to pieces, and the table flew across the room, smashing into the wall where horrified officers watched.

The officer jumped from his seat and fan out of the pitch black room. Mark didn't seem to notice a thing. Everything was in a blur to him, the world was spinning and his stomach was tied up in knots. He leaned against the wall as slid down to the floor, hugging his head between his knees. Tears continuing to stream from his puffy eyes as he felt a sharp pain rip through his head again.

"Hello Mark, missed me?" Mark knew that voice anywhere.

"Wh-why Dark?" Mark stuttered under his breath.

"Hey! That stupid priest got what he deserved, pulling me out like that and wasting my time with his books and crosses!" Dark sneered in the back of Mark's mind.

"Wh-where's Jack? What the fuck have you done to Jack?!" Mark cried, gripping his head.

"Oh, don't worry, he's in good hands with a friend of mine." Dark let out a low laugh causing Mark's brain to ache.

"You bastard! Tell me where he is!"

"I would ..." Dark began. "But where's the fun in that?" Darks voice drifted away leaving Mark in a pool of his own sweat and tears, as security swept in the room and dragged him away.