First taste

Chapter 4

I sat in my car and watched as everyone spent their time drinking and laughing, unaware of been watched or that their life could come to an end. As the whispering voice in my head grew. I found the idea more appealing as the seconds passed and the burning in my throat is getting harder to ignore. I watched as everyone moved around from bar to bar, eyeing up each person trying to decide who I would feed off. Its easier to pick a man, it will look less suspicious if I was to go down an alleyway with them, like that bastard did to me. I'm just going to feed I won't be like him, I assured myself. I won't torture them like he did to me. I looked down at my clothes, these won't do to attract a man and convince him I want a quick fuck down an alleyway. I looked around to see what stores are in the area. I spotted one down the road. I can be in and out in a few seconds before the cops arrive, if I move quick enough the cameras won't catch me.

  I got out of my car and locked it. I moved down the road and avoided eye contact, their smell alone was teasing me, drawing me to them, if I make eye contact I dont think I could control myself and not latch down on their throat and drain them. I looked around before I walked across the road and down the alleyway behind the clothes store. I took a deep breath and prayed I can do this without been caught. I placed my hand on the door handle and pressed down hard snapping the lock. I opened the door and moved faster than I ever have before. I grabbed one of everything in my size including shoes. I grabbed bags behind the counter and shoved everything into them quickly. I can hear the final beeps on the alarm system and ran towards the door so fast Im sure I looked like a blur. I was back onto the street before the alarm went off. I walked to my car opened it and threw all the clothes and shoes into the boot.

                                         I got into my car and drove, looking for a vacant car park to change in. After ten minutes I found one. I turned off my car and got out. For the first time, I noticed my eyesight was crystal clear in the dark as it is during the day. I rooted through the bags and found the perfect black dress. It is made of tight fabric that will fit my new curves perfectly, it is an off the shouler dress with black stones done into a shape of a rose, it goes above my knees showing off my long toned legs. I went through the shoes til I found the perfect pair. They are black peep toes with black stones on the five inch heels. I slipped them on and closed the boot. I got back into my car and looked into the mirror. I pulled out clear lip gloss to make my ruby red lips stand out. I put black and silver eyeshadow with a thin line of eyeliner to give my eyes the Smokey effect. I didn't need mascara as my eyelashes are already long and curled. I looked at the girl staring back at me in the mirror. This is a new me now, not the weak old Lexi who let people walk all over her. I could already feel the changes in my personality, a new stronger, darker me was coming out. I didn't know weather to be scared or embrace it. But right now I know I want to embrace it and let my new confidence wrap around me, I know I can protect myself now, Im strong enough to do it now. I might be strong enough to control my curse now.

        I started the car and drove back to where I was. I watched to see where is the busiest so I can't take someone outside without been to obvious. After ten minutes I found the perfect spot, a back alley nightclub called the Haven. I got out of the car, the whispering in my head is begging me to let it take over just for our first feed. So I let it.  But I wasnt expecting the rush I got from it, I felt sexy and seductive, powerful and confident. Something I never felt before. I felt like I can take on anything, I will never let anyone walk all over me again. I walked across the road towards the club, I made eye contact with the man on the door, I could see and smell his lust for me, his eyes began to roamed my body and for once I didn't cringe, I enjoyed it. A sense of pride filled me that I could cause this reaction in someone. I am used to been called ugly and worthless, day after day in high school I was told to do the world a favor and kill myself so no one would ever have to lay eyes on something as disgusting at me. It didn't end in school, I got texts all night long from different numbers, abusive comments left on my Facebook page and hundreds of hateful emails. I even started to believe everything they told me. I tried to talk to my parents about it but they didn't care, they told me to get over it, that I just attract those kind of comments and I should get used to it. I have even heard them talk about how they must have done something wrong to get a child like me with my curse, they even called me a natural born killer, how I will end up a murder to some poor soul who done nothing wrong, I didn't do anything wrong to deserve this, when I found my touch could kill I never touched anyone after that.