Tested

Chapter 18

We have been driving for hours. I watched as each town blured into one. My throat is starting to burn with a thirst only fresh blood can satifie now. I can feel my power surge through my veins. Each passing hour I feel like my powers are growing, as the darkness wraps around every inch of my body. Its indescribable, how you can go from being a weak human to being a powerful vampire, with no emotions to weaken me. Rage, fury, hate and anger fuel my power making me stronger, but one emotion I'm starting to enjoy is lust, how I cause it and how it makes me feel.

"We should be there in twenty minutes" Jackson said.

"Good, I'm getting thirsty" I said.

"There are willing human who allow us to feed off of them, it has to be painless for them, they can't suffer to feed us" he said.

"I understand, anything is better than bottle blood" I said.

Looking ahead, I could see large gates come into focus, the closer we got the more a large manor house came into view with small houses surrounding it. Its like their own private world, tucked away from the world. Guards are posted at the gates, watching to see who is coming in. I sat up and watched as they moved outside the gate and stood waiting for us. When we got close enough for them to see who it is, they signalled to the other and  the gates started to open. Jackson drove my car past the guards and pulled up outside a large building.

"This is our training grounds and where our commander is, he will be the one to decide if you are strong enough to be a royal guard and meet the royal family, you have nothing to worry about you are strong enough, I can wait to see you fight" he said smiling.

"Okay and if I'm not, I can leave here freely and return to my home, safely?" I asked.

"Yes, of course but I dont think you will need to worry about that Lexi" Jackson said.

He got out of the car and I quickly followed. At least I'm wearing sweats if I'm going to have to fight. He opened the door to the building and I followed him in. The building is huge, training equipment and weapons take up most of the room and a large training mat in the center. The whole room is white, giving it a sterile feeling to it. At one side their are at least twenty men, there is not one female in sight.

"You will be the first female to join if the commander approves you, others have tried but they were never able to beat our weakest fighter, their powers were not strong enough either, some how I doubt you will have that problem" he said before starting to walk again.

I followed, I could feel all eyes on me, I looked towards the men and saw their eyes become darker with lust, again dark and dangerous didn't acknowledge me. He didn't look in my direction. He is just making himself more appealing to me. I turned away and walked into a room that looks like an office to find a man in his late thirties standing in front of me. He has blonde hair tightly shaved. His eyes are a light blue colour, he has a strong jaw and nose, with a smaller top lip and a plumb bottom lip. He is about six ft four. He has large shoulder and strong arms, like the others he is in combat trousers and boots with a tight black t shirt. He has a tribal band tattoo wrapped around his arms. He looks and build would intimidate others, but not me.

"So this is the girls all our men have been talking about, Lexi am I right?" the commander said.

Before I could answer Jackson spoke,

"Yes, this is Lexi, she is a newborn, only changed a week ago" he said.

"So you and the other expect me to believe a new born has so much control over her power or should I say powers, they were right about one thing tough, you are breathtaking" he said.