The royals pet

Chapter 27

Moving through the crowd I tried to find Marcus's mate and James. I could feel the panic coming off Marcus in waves. What is James doing here. I caught a glimpse of James moving quickly through the crowd. I looked to see where he is bringing her. Fuck, he is heading for the back entrance. I pushed my way through the crowd as quick as I could, but more people moved to block my way. At this point he has to be outside. Fuck this, I started to shoved people out of my way, some falling over and sending curses my way. I didn't even take notice. I got to the back door and pushed it open. I could hear a girls voice, pleading someone to stop. I turned to face where I heard her voice. I could feel rage rip through my body, ready to release. I felt Marcus make a move but I held him back, he will only scare her more if he charges towards them with black eyes full of rage. Right now she needs a hero, not another monster. James has her pinned to the wall by her throat while his other hand is moving all over her as she is trying to fight him off, unsuccessfully.

"Tut, tut, James, you have gone from sleeping with willing women to trying to force yourself on them" I said.

His body froze for a couple of seconds, a smiles grew on his face before he turned to face me. His eyes are full of lust, as he takes in every inch of me. It amazing, if he looked at me like that a couple of weeks ago my body would be tingling, but now his looks make me feel nothing but disgust.

"Hmm, I would have done this sooner if I knew my beloved would come running" he said smirking, but he still has Marcus mate pinned to the wall by her neck. The poor girl looks terrified, Marcus grabbed my hand squeezing it. He knows she isn't safe and him squeezing my hand is him pleading with me to do what I can to get her away from him safely. I blocked off my thoughts so he can't tell what I'm thinking. He knows I can inflict him with pain, he will expect that and will only tighten his grip on her throat if I try that.

"How about you let her go" I said.

"Hmm, can't do that Lexi, now that I know she is the princes beloved. I think I should take his mate since the royals have taken you" he said.

"The royal haven't taken me James, I went willingly" I said.

"You went willingly to be their little pet, do you think they will let you live if you ever decide to leave, dont be stupid Lexi, they would kill you before you could ever leave, so which one of them is your little fuck buddy, I would love to meet the royal or guard that pushed me to accept the darkness by fucking my mate" he snarled.

"Like I got to meet the woman you were fucking right outside my room, I should probaly thank her, but then again I should thank you, you were the one with your beloved down the hall and still fucked someone else, you gave me the final push to accept the darkness, you made me what I am now, a heartless shell with more power than your could ever have imagined" I spat back.

"You wanted the darkness Lexi from the moment I met you, you should be thanking me, your more powerful, you have no concious, no fear, no love and no guilt, your the perfect predator, beautiful on the outside and dead and dangerous on the inside, perfect really if you ask me" he said proudly.

"Dont talk about her like that, you dont fucking know her, you had two days with her and you fucked up, she isn't dead on the inside" Marcus said with anger.

"Oh the prince speaks, are you done hiding behind you guard" James taunted. I held Marcus back, this is exactly what James wants, a reaction.

The door behind us flew open, Damien, Rhys and Mark came walking out and stood behind us. I can see James reading their thoughts. His eye landed on Damien, looking at him like he is ready to rip him apart with his bare hands.